help with stoping to drink soda

Options
I have quit drinking sore for about two weeks but the struggle keeps going on when I get sick of water I go back to Sola and I just keep doing that and I can't I want to totally quit drinking it all together but I haven't found anything to help replace all the so that I used to drink I've heard some people say to buy flavored juice or flavored water any ideas would be greatly appreciated I usually drink about a gallon of water a day which seems to be going good but when I get tired of it then like I said I go back to Soda

Replies

• Kman4evah
    Kman4evah Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Fruit juice is always good. I prefer apple juice. There's also sparkling water, Sobe, Crystal Light, etc. if you really want to get away from soda.
    Why are you quitting it altogether if I may ask?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Other than the calories, why do you want to quit it? If that is it, maybe instead of quitting you should just budget for a can a day.
  • Kman4evah
    Kman4evah Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Other than the calories, why do you want to quit it? If that is it, maybe instead of quitting you should just budget for a can a day.
    This, or you can get low calorie/no calorie versions (10 calorie sunkist or dr. pepper, Coke Zero, etc)
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Mio or something along those lines is pretty good. If you're missing the carbonation, a Soda Stream for the Mio water is nice.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    You could do sparkling water with fruit
  • tgb22121
    tgb22121 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Its allways been my goal. To quit alltogether and every time i do i fail. I know if i have one ill have 3 and thats something thats allways,been hard
  • FinntheVeggie
    FinntheVeggie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If it's the carbonation you crave, I know my dad found it helpful to drink seltzer instead. I don't like it personally but it worked for him, he used to drink 1-2 sodas every day and now he only does when we go out to eat. Probably best to get the 0-calorie unsweetened kind. Artificial sweetners just make you crave sugar.
  • Mentiri
    Mentiri Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Try drinking a glass of water first whenever you want a soda. Chances are you'll at least drink less soda - especially if you buy a large bottle and pour only a small serving.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm starting to buy various Fruit Puree's (the ones you get in pouches) and just add a dash of it to plain water that i keep in the fridge.
    Sometimes i add fresh Mint for extra flavour.
    Very refreshing!
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Same here. I tried drinking the Coke zero's and 0 calorie soda's, but now I'm trying to get off of those due to the aspartame. My new go to is Mt. Dew Kickstart @ 80 calories for 16oz
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Same here. I tried drinking the Coke zero's and 0 calorie soda's, but now I'm trying to get off of those due to the aspartame. My new go to is Mt. Dew Kickstart @ 80 calories for 16oz

Why? Unless you have a diagnosed Medical condition that is affected by aspartame, there is nothing wrong with it.
  • aggiekaren01
    aggiekaren01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I went from 3-4 diet cokes a day to none for a long time. Now I have a diet coke occasionally. I started drinking La Croix sparkling water (well mostly the store brand of it) and had one coke a day for a few weeks. Then I just quit having that one coke.

I also drink a lot more iced team (unsweetened).
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I went from soda to sparkling water, then from sparkling water to flavored water down to just plain water. It was about a three month process of swapping things out. I do have a clear soda every now and then (maybe once a month) when I'm out but I don't miss it too much.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Regular soda or diet? If it's diet, there's no compelling reason to give it up as long as it isn't causing you any health issues.
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    :(
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I can say I was in the same boat as you. I drank a case of Mountain Dew a week. I finally decided that I was going to focus on my weight lose goal. Then once my goal is achieved and I am on maintenance, I will budget more of the foods I like into my diet. I drink mostly water or flavored water, tea, a beer or wine once in awhile. But I try to stay away from sugary drinks for now. This is my theory, hopefully it works?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Seltzer water.
  • aDivingBelle
    aDivingBelle Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Why? Unless you have a diagnosed Medical condition that is affected by aspartame, there is nothing wrong with it.

A lot of people who dont' have diagnosed medical conditions don't drink them. They aren't bad inherently, but there are much better choices than a lab made chemical.

I personally like sparkling water with a hint of pom wonderful. About one fourth pom to three fourths sparkling water. Might as well get some vitamins and antioxidants into your body.
  • jeremysthompson
    jeremysthompson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Personally I go to the fridge at my office, open up a Coke take a sniff. Count to ten. Then dump it out in the sink. Usually that works. If I still want to drink it, I'll grab some lemon water to help fight the craving. I know, it's weird, but I have to do it.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Personally I go to the fridge at my office, open up a Coke take a sniff. Count to ten. Then dump it out in the sink. Usually that works. If I still want to drink it, I'll grab some lemon water to help fight the craving. I know, it's weird, but I have to do it.

That's a waste.