Women Only: Panty HELP!

Options
I recently did a closet overhaul after losing 30-40 pounds. It was awesome to almost fit into my qipao again (I never actually fit it in the first place since I am not of Asian descent and am not Asian shaped, but I almost got the zipper up). Dumped over half my tops and bottoms for pieces that make me feeling amazing. But I have one problem. I am still in the obese category, but I have an... exceedingly healthy hip to waist ratio. So absolutely none of my panties fit. Probably a bit of my fault for buying cheap in a bag panties from walmart, but I never understood paying a ton of money for something that only one person should see me in, but I'll have to wear everyday. Unfortunately, that line of thought has led to my everyday being filled with the fronts of my panties fitting up at my waist and the backs fitting like bikini styles, or the backs giving me wedgies every time I sit, or the leg holes fitting so oddly they mess with the circulation in my legs. So how the *** do you actually find out your 'panty size'? How do we know which types actually have some booty room without (ick) trying them on? Where do I get cheapo panties that fit!?!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Stop wearing them. Problem solved!
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I've always had a, uh, gratuitous backside. I gave up the war years ago and switched to g-strings. No muss, no fuss, no circulatory issues. Lol
  • Mediocrates55
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

I like your thinkin', lady. Lol!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

I like your thinkin', lady. Lol!

Personally, I wear a thong, but she said she didn't want a wedgie :smiley:
  • princessbride42
    princessbride42 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Maidenform has some good ones that fit that figure. I'm not sure which line, but I'm happy with them. Tag says 40774 and rn#27701. Good luck!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Congrats on losing the 30-40 pounds!

I have a bootie and like Jockey for Her French Cut. They run bigger than Hanes. There's a size chart.

They were cheaper when I first started buying them. Now I wait for a Groupon.
  • Addiewe
    Addiewe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Cuban with a butt here. Go to Walmart, buy the inexpensive bag brand called "best fitting panty". Buy your correct size. Plenty of stretch in those; replaced all my other panties with them. :-)
  • Mediocrates55
    Options
    I don't think a g can qualify as a wedgie. Lol.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Do you have a maidenform outlet nearby? If not Kohls has a good selection of their underwear. I have a bunch of different styles from them that work. I also bought a bunch of Gap Body bikinis that are comfortable.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I tend to buy the packs of cotton bikinis because they're cheapo - but I prefer Hanes for grownups over bikinis for teens because they're cut roomier and fit a bigger derriere. Most have a size chart on the back of the package it it's typically been pretty accurate for me. Plus I've found the cotton undies hold up better than the silky expensive ones which, for whatever reason, tend to stretch out and or tear really easily.
  • alaynavee
    alaynavee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Congrats on losing the 30-40 pounds!

I have a bootie and like Jockey for Her French Cut. They run bigger than Hanes. There's a size chart.

They were cheaper when I first started buying them. Now I wait for a Groupon.

^^ I have been wearing the French Cut Jockey style for almost 30 years, and I've convinced two of my closest friends to make the switch. My weight has gone up and down over the years too, and they always fit. I find the material wears out before the elastic does - I won't wear anything else!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've always had a, uh, gratuitous backside. I gave up the war years ago and switched to g-strings. No muss, no fuss, no circulatory issues. Lol

This. I've been wearing The Lacey by Victoria's Secret for years and never looked back. They're "one size" which we all know is BS, but they do have a good stretch and they're cut perfectly for me personally.

Unfortunately, the best way to find something comfy is to drop a little money and just try several out (and I don't mean try on in a dressing room, b/c we all know stuff that's comfy for 2min ain't comfy all day!) and see which ones you like best.
  • melindaanderson456
    melindaanderson456 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    About 3 years ago I bought my size in the maternity section at target. All these still fit me, unlike the ones I bought at Walmart, whether I gain or lose weight, they still fit. You might want to try doing that.
  • TisheaDH
    TisheaDH Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If you are crafty, whipping up your own panties doesn't take long and you can control everything from fit to style. It's cost effective and quite a bit of fun. After years of my African Queen's Throne and I fighting with what lingerie companies think the correct crotch depth should be I had to make the switch.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I really hate the word "panty"
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You just have to buy a few pairs in a couple different brands, in the size you think fits-and find the brand you like. After I lost weight I just moved on to g-strings. I can't even be bothered with all that fabric anymore.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    TisheaDH wrote: »
    If you are crafty, whipping up your own panties doesn't take long and you can control everything from fit to style. It's cost effective and quite a bit of fun. After years of my African Queen's Throne and I fighting with what lingerie companies think the correct crotch depth should be I had to make the switch.

You make your own underwear?
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's common knowledge amongst the women but what is "Asian shaped"? :confused:
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    by buying twice the wrong size, like i did ehehehehehe

Now i know and when buying new i buy a size smaller. I also dont wait that long anymore with buying underwear. Only gives problems lol
  • Triavalon
    Triavalon Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Well, I think I found a winner- ironically in my own closet. In the process of gathering all my clothing together I found one random pair at the bottom of my closet that don't match any of the others I own, just sitting there in the darkness, black fabric blending in for what must be (telling from the dust on it) years and years ago. It was so old I had to shine a super-bright flashlight on it to read the nearly worn off size stamp- Best Fittings (although I still can't read the size. Oh my gosh. It is amazing. It is soft. It covers my butt. It doesn't pinch. And according to the Walmart website, it isn't obscenely expensive. To the store to buy more. Thanks for the advice everyone. I probably would have given up halfway through the dig if I thought there weren't any other options. In fact, I was in the process of getting my bad fitting Hane's all into my closet when I found this pair.