After Losing So Much Weight Do You Find Yourself Looking In

Options
This maybe weird but since I've lose so much weight I've noticed that everyday I just have to go to the mirror and look at my self! A lot of times I'll just stand there and just look; other times when I'm out of the house I'll try and look at my reflection in like a door or window it's weird... Probably cause I use to always HATE how I looked before and I can finally tell that I'm starting to get there.

Replies

• bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options
    i do this constantly! i just cant help it... :blushing:
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i do it all the time lol, i also try on a bunch of stuff just to see how good i look in it before i settle on something. i cant wait til i get to my goal weight.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    guilty! its amazing when u lose a huge amount of weight. for me... ive lost almost an entire small person. and even tho that was a year ago, and i still have more i would like to get off... i still find myself stopping thinking... dayum... who is that hottie. lol. jk. but i do stop to look! ur looking great! keep up the awesome work!
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Dude, if I'd experienced the changes you've experienced I think I'd have to look in the mirror constantly just to believe it's really me in there!!! You look amazing - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are a great-looking guy and you deserve to take the time to look in the mirror and be proud of what you've accomplished. No vanity, just acceptance and pride. Way to go!
  • mya2012
    mya2012 Posts: 18
    Options
    you def should give yourself pat on the back. Emjoy the new you!!!! Build of your selfesteem and not only that, that is a great way to remind yourself never again to indulge in being fat again....Congrats
  • johnthefatman
    johnthefatman Posts: 205
    Options
    It is absolutely the right thing to do. Our sight is actually made up more from memory than from what comes through the eyes. You need to retrain your brain to see yourself as you are! We all tend to think of the eye as working just like a camera but research shows it isn't that simple - our perception is generated from a mix of memory and sight.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds strange.....but I don't see myself any different when I look in the mirror. I have lost 84 pounds. I have gone from a size 18 pants to a size 8 and 3X shirts to a med or large. I really see my weightloss in pic's..... it's a huge change.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds strange.....but I don't see myself any different when I look in the mirror. I have lost 84 pounds. I have gone from a size 18 pants to a size 8 and 3X shirts to a med or large. I really see my weightloss in pic's..... it's a huge change.
    yea me too! i like to see the pics, my eyes are still fat I guess...
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    After putting on some short shorts & a shirt that was too small for me a month ago & seeing that they fit now.. I've been wearing the shorts nonstop & looking in the mirror a lot :D
    I can't help it, I'm finally beginning to like what I see. Or maybe I'm just finally seeing that there is a difference after guys are mentioning it. It feels awesome (:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but only because I'm looking for changes. 25 lbs down and I think I still look the same. I do have a lot to lose though.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely the right thing to do. Our sight is actually made up more from memory than from what comes through the eyes. You need to retrain your brain to see yourself as you are! We all tend to think of the eye as working just like a camera but research shows it isn't that simple - our perception is generated from a mix of memory and sight.

I swear my eyes are jacked up. I wish my brain would get trained faster. Or maybe it's good I see myself still fat. I will keep the exercise going.
  • ThermalYew1
    ThermalYew1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    haha! glad I'm not the only one! Every time I do it I feel like an idiot and wonder if other people do it as well LOL@
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Wow ditto! The only way that I see my progress is through photos. In photos I see how hard I have worked and what changes I have made in my physique:wink: . When I look in the mirror I still see the same size me unchanged:sad: .
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    always !! I love the mirror!! when i am teaching classes I am always looking at myself , which I should be looking more at the people in my class.. lol

i love what I see, I cant help it!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Guilty. I'm constantly checking myself out in the mirror. After hating what I saw for so long, it's a huge novelty to suddenly not hate my reflection.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost Posts: 615 Member
    Options

I think i lose a good portion of every day looking at myself in the mirror. :love: :laugh: I was afraid it was vanity (and i am not normally a vain person). Its nice to know that i am working on retraining my mind/eyes and that what i am doing is "normal".

I see changes more easily in side-by-side photos, but i don't have many "before" pictures as i used to hate EVERY PHOTO that i was in, now i pretty much love all of them (so long as i am not making a stupid expression :noway: hehehe).
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,619 Member
    Options

And it is absolutely critical for long term success! Every time you look at yourself positively, you are retraining your thoughts towards naturally thinking well of yourself. It will become a new habit right along with your new eating and exercising habits. Self-discipline has got you where you are but a positive self-image is going to keep you there. Don't feel guilty - feel proud!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost Posts: 615 Member
    Options

And it is absolutely critical for long term success! Every time you look at yourself positively, you are retraining your thoughts towards naturally thinking well of yourself. It will become a new habit right along with your new eating and exercising habits. Self-discipline has got you where you are but a positive self-image is going to keep you there. Don't feel guilty - feel proud!

awesome! :drinker: