Spinning

Options
I know we have talked about this in the past but what do you guys think of spinning? Good workout? Easy enough for a beginner like myself? Tips? Our local gym has classes 10 classes for $40 worth it?

Replies

• mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I know we have talked about this in the past but what do you guys think of spinning? Good workout? Easy enough for a beginner like myself? Tips? Our local gym has classes 10 classes for $40 worth it?
  • mlck2323
    Options
    that is a really good price and spinning is one of the most efficient ways to burn calories! :)
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Spinning, that is one workout that kicks my butt everytime! and 10 classes for $40 sounds really good!
  • readyforyou
    Options
    spinnnning is soooo hard and it gets me annoyed sometimes, but its sucha great workout!
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I love spinning! It's a GREAT workout. Just remind yourself you can go at your own pace.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Spinning is an awesome workout and a great way to burn calories. It may kick your butt at first, but just keep going back.

pay the $40 and try it out. If there is no contract to sign then you can make up your mind when you do the 10.

I have a gym membership for $70 a month and it is unlimited everything, but the spin classes stay full and they only have 5 a week so that sounds like about the right price. Have fun.
  • mhosner
    Options
    I have a gym membership but they don't offer spinning but another gym does for that price. So I will call for times then and try it out.
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    Love love love spinning great way to lift the butt and tone the legs. Not to mention calorie burning and weight loss. That is a great price! You are going to have a blast. Just stick with it. You are going to feel a little bit..um..violated at first but the soreness goes away after a few rides. You might want to get a gel seat at first for added comfort. :happy: :tongue:
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have taken spinning for over 10 years. I love it. I would see if they would let you try one or two classes before you commit before you pay $40.00. Our club charges $30.00 for 10 classes but we pay a high monthly fee to belong to the club.. I can get a great work out. My heart rate is in the top of its range for the full class. The nice thing is that you can go at your own pace. If you don't feel like working out real hard you can take it easy, but If you want to have a great workout you can. The class is usually an hour long--some people don't like the seats or sitting that long on. I have padded bike shorts which help on the seats and you get used to them after a few times. Good luck, let me know what you think.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I love spinning! Total body workout and you SWEAT!!!! Its totally worth it. You will get "saddle sore" initially but do no let that get you down. Stick to the program for 2 weeks and then make a choice. Good luck!
  • mhosner
    Options
    How many times a week are you guys spinning? I am worried - this gym only offers it 2 nights a week that work for me Mon and Tues. I was thinking about adding it in with my gym workout. Like
    Monday night treadmill,
    Tuesday Spinning Class,
    Wednesday treadmill,
    Thursday Elliptical,
    Friday Off,
    Saturday treadmill,
    Sunday Off
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I do it at least 3 times a week and maybe once on the weekends (mysellf)
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Spinning is a great workout.

I would either pay for one class or ask to try out a class for free before signing up for 10.

If you are a beginner, go at your own pace and just just reduce the tension and spin for a while if you are having trouble keeping up. Soon you won't have any trouble.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Spinning is a great cardio esp on your knees! The gym I go to (Xsport) all classes are free and It depends on the location but they have it everyday 2 x's a day but if you are paying for it, you do get what you pay for.