Nike + ipod

Options
Nich0le
Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
I got this little gadget for christmas along with a shoe pouch (I don't like nike shoes) and I LOVE IT! So much better than a pedometer and I can see what my run looks like on the nike + link. Anyway, you can calibrate it for running and walking so if you do both it will track accurately (unlike a pedometer) and you can set workout goals and it lets you know when you have reached your goals for the day.

I could go on, but if anyone was thinking of trying it, it is worth the 30 bucks and 6 for the shoe pouch.

:love:

Replies

• Nich0le
    Options
    I got this little gadget for christmas along with a shoe pouch (I don't like nike shoes) and I LOVE IT! So much better than a pedometer and I can see what my run looks like on the nike + link. Anyway, you can calibrate it for running and walking so if you do both it will track accurately (unlike a pedometer) and you can set workout goals and it lets you know when you have reached your goals for the day.

I could go on, but if anyone was thinking of trying it, it is worth the 30 bucks and 6 for the shoe pouch.

:love:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    So, the shoe pouch works for you? I cant wear Nikes, and thats the only reason I havent purchaced it yet...! But I've wanted one for a while!
  • Nich0le
    Options
    I purchased two kinds of shoe pouches, one from ****s and one from and add in runners world magazine. After reading a ton of information the whole catch is you need the sensor to be as parallel to the ground as possible and the pouches are designed to keep it just like that.

Most of the bad comments regarding the whole product was that people were irritated by the heel insert, felt like something in their shoe, rocks, blistering etc. One guy even used an old cell phone case to make his first pouch and got the same results as in the shoes.

So, yes, the pouch works :happy: And what I did was took my normal 4 mile walk that I know is exactly 4 miles and it was accurate then I got on my treadmill and found out my treadmill is a little on the fast side calculation wise.

Can you tell I am all pumped up over this? I am a total distance geek, I try to beat my time for the same distance at least once per week. :smooched:
  • chickadee10
    Options
    That's cool.
  • mlck2323
    Options
    there is also another product that allows you to wear other shoes with the nike foot pod and it is called a lace lid. It comes in white or black, usually sold at your local running specialty store and is a rubber cover for the lid that ties into your laces. good luck :)
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm sold, thanks! :)
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this product as well- it is very accurate and it's so nice to be able to hear updates in your ear rather than having to check the ipod every few minutes. It's fantastic!
  • readyforyou
    Options
    ipod touch! i want it just for this feature! how do u guys like it? did u have to get nike sneakerrs?
  • Nich0le
    Options
    ipod touch! i want it just for this feature! how do u guys like it? did u have to get nike sneakerrs?

Not sure how it works with touch. It was designed for nano but should work with all of them (except shuffle).

NO, you don't have to wear nikes! :happy: :happy: I found an add for a shoe pouch in runners world magazine for two types and then went online and found many varieties. Wasn't sure about the lace lid just because it was open, but it was the least expensive. Most shoe pouches run 5-6 bucks. Some get laced into the shoe lace and others get velcroed onto the laces (i bought one of each type to test).

All in all, very easy to operate, calibrate and the bonus is the nike + site that lets you see how your workout looks in graph form and you can set all kinds of goals and stuff. Well worth my $40 bucks (including shoe pouches)! :wink: :blushing: