Has anyone lost weight with Herbalife! Need advice please!

Options
Does anyone have any success stories with the Herbalife products?

Replies

• teninten
    teninten Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I did but did not keep up with it...still use at times the shake or bars just in case i did not get to eat
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    The number of stuidies where it has been linked to liver damage scares me.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    lol save your money and lose weight in a healthy way instead
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    In all seriousness, there are some incredible success stories in this section of the forum. Really mind-blowing stuff. And almost without exception - none of them are thanks to any purchasable weight loss program. In fact many of them reference that the success was due to quitting looking for the quick fix or the miracle program and just getting on with it yourself in a sustainable manner.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    no dude it's a scam. bleh. don't buy that crap.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, there are some incredible success stories in this section of the forum. Really mind-blowing stuff. And almost without exception - none of them are thanks to any purchasable weight loss program. In fact many of them reference that the success was due to quitting looking for the quick fix or the miracle program and just getting on with it yourself in a sustainable manner.

This.

Don't waste money on products like Herbalife.
  • PoopuhT
    PoopuhT Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    One of my friends is going to trying it like next week, she seems quiet excited and more motivated with it.
  • Alatariel75
    edited June 2015
    Options
    sacoachb wrote: »
    Down 52 lbs. Healthiest I have ever been. Absolutely its from herbalife and from eating healthy and training. I didn't get results until I changed my nutrition. You have to have a health coach and do what your supposed to and not do it your way, do it the way the science shows. There are no studies that prove liver damage. It gets your body healthy and when your body is healthy It can do amazing things. My wife is a 3 time cancer survivor with no thyroid, she is not the healthiest she has ever been. It requires you to eat food 4 times a day as well. Most people talk about things that they have no idea about but they heard it from someone and they believe it to be gospel. Do your research, from creditable sources, not just what daryl and his brother daryl said. Best of luck.

Perhaps I misspoke. It has been correlated with liver damage and reported in credible sources

"Acute liver injury induced by weight-loss herbal supplements"
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3004035/

"Severe hepatotoxicity following ingestion of Herbalife nutritional supplements contaminated with Bacillus subtilis"
    http://www.ifik.unibe.ch/unibe/medizin/ifik/content/e7961/e8166/e8582/e8618/bacillus_subt_herbalife_ger.pdf

"Prolonged intrahepatic cholestasis and renal failure secondary to anabolic androgenic steroid-enriched dietary supplements"
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19238093

"Association between consumption of Herbalife nutritional supplements and acute hepatotoxicity"
    http://wws.weizmann.ac.il/immunology/elinav/sites/immunology.elinav/files/2007_elinav_j_hep.pdf

Also OP, please beware of people who join the forum and use their first post to tell you how great it is.
  • ChiffonLaRue14
    ChiffonLaRue14 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I tried it. Did not work for me. Drinking shakes in lieu of decent food just did not cut it. I lost weight the old-fashioned way, proper diet and exercise.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Down 52 lbs. Healthiest I have ever been. Absolutely its from herbalife and from eating healthy and training. I didn't get results until I changed my nutrition. You have to have a health coach and do what your supposed to and not do it your way, do it the way the science shows. There are no studies that prove liver damage. It gets your body healthy and when your body is healthy It can do amazing things. My wife is a 3 time cancer survivor with no thyroid, she is not the healthiest she has ever been. It requires you to eat food 4 times a day as well. Most people talk about things that they have no idea about but they heard it from someone and they believe it to be gospel. Do your research, from creditable sources, not just what daryl and his brother daryl said. Best of luck.

Translation: you have to buy lots of unnecessary supplements, AND also pay an unqualified/uncertified "coach" to tell you how to take those unnecessary supplements.

Sounds legit.

trevino-head-shake.gif
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Negative ghost rider.

Untrained people who sign up to sell herbalife are no more trained than a random person on MFP. Amazingly I've managed to lose 42 pounds simply by doing it my way, which is based in science - I eat less than I burn, and thus I lose weight. End of story. No dropping my money on useless shakes and having someone else who barely knows their bum from a hole in the ground tell me what I should be doing.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Avoid the gimmicks. If you need accountability find a friend to help. If you think you have a vitamin deficiency consult your doctor for blood work and adjust your vitamin intake according to what actual scientific tests tell you to do. There are no magic pills that make this easy. I lost 100lbs without a diet plan, coach, pill, trainer, or miracle of any kind. The only way to achieve lasting success is to learn self control without the use of crutches you cannot maintain.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options

lol nobody here is going to listen to shill *kitten* about multi-level marketing scams

thanks for playing MFP
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!