Binged and feel awful

Options
jaga13
jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
I haven't eaten totally out of control in a long time. Until tonight. Now my stomach hurts. I know one bad day won't ruin everything but I feel physically ill. I know exactly the emotional triggers that got the best of me and I'll be fine tomorrow but wanted to vent. Just this weekend someone else noticed my lower weight and I felt flattered. Oh well. Back to it tomorrow.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Can't do anything about it now. Back at it tomorrow.
  • npcg
    npcg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know how it feels. I've been struggling with binge eating most of my teen life. I still have my episodes where I just can't stop myself and just keep stuffing my face with whatever's around me. When that happens I make sure to surround myself with as much healthy/filling foods as possible to alleviate the guilt afterwards. Make sure you rest heaps, drink lots of water, and fill a hot water bottle for the stomach cramps. If you feel the need to bring anything up afterwards make sure you have a towel/bucket beside you :) (Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to parent you or anything - I just care a lot about people in a similar situation as me). Best of luck!!
  • GWehsling
    GWehsling Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Call it a cheat day or a reset, but tomorrow is another day and you won't lose everything because of one bad day.

Thank you for being honest and open. Seeing a 'problem' yourself is the right path to sorting it out yourself.

Log it all anyway and average it out over the next week, that will make you feel better and give you a neat micro goal that is conquerable.
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    The awesome thing is accepting it and not waving the white flag. I'd hate to think that for the rest of my life is never be able to indulge! Rarely you can just live, and tomorrow you get up and get back to living the CICO life.
  • lizznagelmiller
    lizznagelmiller Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do is drink lots of water and get up and move- burn off those calories even if it hurts your belly. It'll make you feel better later. I binge bad last weekend and afterward I did yard work after I got done I felt better physically and mentality :)