Kombucha

Options
jcurrie17
jcurrie17 Posts: 36 Member
How do people feel about it? What benefits, if any, do you notice? Do you make it yourself?

Replies

• shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    I have not had it myself, but I imagine it has what other live bacteria culture foods do, which is a boost for your gut. Which more and more looks like it can have a very positive effect. Recent research has found that the make up of your gut bacteria can affect how well you digest food, including developing intolerances, or eliminating them, how well you absorb nutrients (some bacteria 'eat' substances that interfere with absorption), even whether you have a tendency to lose or gain weight (http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-gut-bacteria-help-make-us-fat-and-thin/ ).

So...yeah, I'd go for it. And I'd make it yourself, yes. Right now, there is so much they have to do to make it safe to mass produce that they can end up killing off some of the beneficial bacteria (or all, in some cases).
  • Physiobody
    Physiobody Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Personally I love it. I don't necessarily feel any different with or without it however it does contain some really great nutrients. Being that it is a fermented food it is one of the few sources of vitamin K2. Go ahead and good vitamin K2 and you will find some great benefits. I feel like it does help with digestion as as well. On top of that it just tastes great I'm a huge fan of Synergy Trilogy.
  • amyaronson
    amyaronson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Regardless of the possible benefits, I drink Kombucha when I'm having a sugar craving and it's very satisfying and filling! I love the "21 and over" Synergy (especially Divine Grape and Strawberry Serenity).