Anyone know any good pre workouts?

Options
I've tried c4, jack3d and some other walmart stuff. None of them have really helped. I used to drink alot of red bull and monster. Its been like 8 months since ive stopped though. Anyone have any advice or tips on pre workouts?

Replies

• besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I currently have 1.M.R. and I drink about 2-4 cups of coffee a day. I'll substitute the pre-workout instead of course. I was wired when I did a full scoop when I averaged 1-2 cups of coffee. Now I do 1/2 scoop with coffee later. I felt it push me and helped a little with recovery. Assuming your caffeine tolerance is down some you may enjoy it.

I plan on changing to another brand because I'm trying to eliminate sucralose.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    A strong coffee and a banana, perfect prework out.
  • Viceversax3
    Viceversax3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I tried coffee once and i couldn't finish it. I guess im not a coffee type of guy thanks for the advice though! A banana before a workout sounds good i never really know what to eat for breakfast if i take preworkouts
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what your looking for in a pre workout supplement, they're not only for energy. They have other benefits that aid in your workouts but if you need energy, I would recommend 1 M.R. Vortex..c4 is good if you want something that's lower on the stims but honestly, read about them before taking them. It sounds like you have no idea what they even are for so read up on the ingredients before putting them into your body. MFP is not the place to come for if you want information on supplements, just an FYI.
  • Viceversax3
    Viceversax3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Youre right i never thought about what else comes in preworkouts. Im fairly new to the whole thing i was just looking for that extra energy. Ill definitly look into them alot more thanks man!
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Check out legion athletics. All their ingredients are science backed and they don't have fillers or proprietary blends.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    A double shot of espresso and a bowl of sugary cereal :D. I like my C4 tho
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I gave up on pre-packaged preworkouts because the "proprietary blends" hide the true dosage and they're super expensive.

I currently make my own preworkout buying individual ingredients in bulk:
    Creatine
    Beta-Alanine
    Citrulline Malate
    Taurine
    Acetyl L-Carnitine

I mix it with Wal-mart brand "energy" drink mix for flavor+ caffeine. Unit cost is about $0.30.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Citadel Nutrition Tier 1, or Tier 1+ (has more caffeine).

http://www.citadelnutrition.com/products

Best pre I've ever used. And they list each ingredient, and why it's used with actual study charts on each ingredient.

On deadlift days, I mix Tier 1+ with White Monster Zero, plus two green tea pills. Caffeine level over 9,000!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Neon Volt is pretty good. I'm using C4 right now, but I usually alternate the two.

I tried the BPI 1MR vortex and honestly felt like I could have taken a nap afterwards. The snowcone flavor was pretty good though.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Working out is more about attitude. If you need to get "jacked" before a workout, you'll be using it the rest of your life.
    Just get in with the attitude of "killin' it" and get it done.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png