Anyone else making a change in their twenties?

Options
Hi, I'm Blake, age 22. I'm here because I don't want to get to 30 and find that I've completely failed myself by letting my body go. Simply put, I'm looking for folks around my age, within 5 years or so.

Thanks and good luck on your journey to the rest of you!

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm 24 and being fat is not cool anymore.
  • LegendOfBlake
    LegendOfBlake Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    For me it's being unhealthy. Thought I could eat whatever I wanted until well into my 30's and I was wrong.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Almost 32 here and I shouldn't have waited this long. Good on you for starting now. Good luck and godspeed.
  • LegendOfBlake
    Options
    Good on you for doing it anyway, it looks like you've made amazing progress so far judging by your ticker. Thanks for the well-wishes!
  • lacusfitness
    lacusfitness Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 & currently recovering from anorexia though even before that I was eating awful. I'm trying to get back on track with being healthy as well as actually eating food everyday.
  • LegendOfBlake
    Options
    Glad you're recovering nicely! I wish you the best of luck with your journey.
  • hallashleymichelle
    hallashleymichelle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm 20. just trying to stay in shape
  • LegendOfBlake
    Options
    Very important! I want to get in shape and stay that way.
  • mairarodriguez38
    mairarodriguez38 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm 22 and are really struggling to loose weight!!!
  • sumitsingh677
    sumitsingh677 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    24 and fat most uncool....
  • silverbeam22
    silverbeam22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm 20 and trying to get fitter too.
  • blacava1
    blacava1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same as you Blake! Definitely interested in following this post :)
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    During my 20's I'd eat / drink whatever I wanted and didn't think of it. Now that I'm 31 I realise this was a bad choice as it caused a bad habit which I'm on a journey to crack. Doing well so far and eating healthy and exercising is something which I'd wish I'd started a while ago. Never to late to start though, :)

Good luck to you all on your journey and whatever your goal may be, I hope you achieve it!
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Good on you for recognising the importance of changing things for the better while still young :) I'm really glad I did. I'm 25, started here when I was 24 after all that time being inactive and eating whatever I wanted. I'm so happy I've managed to make huge changes in my life and lasted this long and looking to keep learning and trying to stay accountable to keep the habit going into my future! I Hope you do too :)
  • BenniBlanc0
    BenniBlanc0 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    That's the best time to do it bud, I got in shape when I was mid twenties. Here's some motivation for you young pups though!

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    - Socrates
  • LegendOfBlake
    Options
    Glad it's not just me here!
  • Kittyluvluvs
    Kittyluvluvs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, almost 26, and I'm back here again because I keep yo-yoing. For me it's been a battle my entire life. In high school alone I was as small as 150lbs and as big as 220lbs. I tend to do good for about 6 months and then completely fall off the wagon. I think this most recent one, gaining about 25lbs since January, had a lot to do with stress: new job, new house, new city. Then, trying to find comfort and relaxation in pints of Ben & Jerry's, after Valentine/Easter/[INSERT_HOLIDAY] chocolate sales and genuinely being too mentally/emotionally drained or physical tired to exercise...
    I know older people always say that one of their biggest regrets was not taking better care of themselves when they were younger. For me it's more than that, it's also so that I can enjoy being young. Right now, I'm so uncomfortable in my summer clothes that I'm avoiding pool parties, tubing, boating, group beach trips, water park weekends, and pretty much any other activity I have to show too much skin. I'm uncomfortable at work because none of my professional clothes fit right anymore. When I go out with friends I'm a little embarrassed about how snug everything fits and whether that will deter people from approaching me. I'm probably getting a little too neurotic, but anyway, good luck with getting and staying in shape - it's worth it once you're there!
  • bbrigman520
    bbrigman520 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I commend all of you on realizing it now and trying to get ahead of it. I'm 37 and never had weight problems until after I had my daughter in my late 20's and I kept putting it off. I'm trying to get in better shape and I wish all of you the best of luck.
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    24 here. I came to the same realization last year when I decided to start my weight loss journey.
  • tet86962
    tet86962 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Same boat! I'm 22 and ready to get fit and lose some weight!