I need to lose 10 lbs, any suggestions?

Options
I am almost at my goal weight. Close to around 10 pounds to go. And I have been fluctuating up and down 3 pounds here and there. Water weight I'm sure. But my goal weight is 136. I'm at 147. I lost 60 pounds since 2010 and was maintaining at 136 in 2013. Ever since I moved away from home I've put on 10-15 pounds and well it's rough. I have a special occasion coming up this summer and in the fall. I want to look how I looked on my wedding day which should be back at that weight. Any suggestions would help. I find myself giving up and eating ice cream sometimes and failing to workout. My calorie intake is 1380 and I do drink water. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Since you have lost weight I guess you at least know the basics.

I guess make sure your weighing everything, logging precisely. That close to goal your deficit is probably small and easily erased by not weighing something correctly.
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    weight food, count cals, eat 500 below TDEE
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    Enter your information into MyFitnessPal.
    Indicate how many lbs/week you would like to lose (i.e. 0.5 lb or 1 lb)
    MFP will give you the maximum number of calories to eat if you are inactive.
    When you exercise, enter what you do, but be aware that MFP tends to overestimate number of calories burned. I will sometimes adjust it to a more reasonable number. I also usually only eat about half my exercise calories back.

Weigh and log everything you eat.
    Pre-log if it helps.

Visit the grocery store, fresh fruit and veg markets, Asian markets, etc. to hunt for good filling low-cal food you like. It is out there! I'm actually eating a wider variety of food now than I did before I started on this weight loss mission.

Do exercise you like and incorporate it into your day. For example, I enjoy going for a brisk walk at lunch because it gets me away from the office and my desk. I can enjoy the sunshine and fresh air and get things moving. I look forward to doing that every day.

Maybe try some new sports ... if you've never been kayaking, rent a kayak this weekend and go out. If you've got mountains nearby, put on some good walking/hiking shoes, grab your camera and go explore some trails. Or maybe your thing is group sports. In my area there are netball teams for women of all ages.
  • justdo17
    justdo17 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    All i would say is only drink water and lots of it and just keep track of calories which for you i would intake 800-1000 calories a day and if u feel like eating junk foods what i do is just listen to music or go outside and it stops me from doing that. u probuley already know that but good luck!!!
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    All i would say is only drink water and lots of it and just keep track of calories which for you i would intake 800-1000 calories a day and if u feel like eating junk foods what i do is just listen to music or go outside and it stops me from doing that. u probuley already know that but good luck!!!

Nope.
    800-1000 calories is not enough. There is no reason to starve yourself to lose 10 lbs.
    Tighten up your logging. Don't punish yourself.
  • jashopkins86
    jashopkins86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Update your information in MFP and it will then give you a maximum amount of calories to consume in a day. This should then get your weight to where you want it to be. Good luck!
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    God I am in the same boat. That last 10 pounds is like SUPER GLUE! I'm down to 165 (at 5'10", also female), and have such a hard time pushing below that. :(

I gave myself a 2 week break to maintain, now I'm going to try to push that last 10 lbs down. It's also hard now because I am in the "normal" healthy weight range, fit in all my clothes, and feel cute and smaller again. I don't have the same motivation to lose as I used to, because I don't really "need" to, by any tangible measure.
  • Missycvt
    Missycvt Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    @JuniperVera Exactly! That's it! You're the winner!
    I don't have the same motivation to lose as I used to, because I don't really "need" to, by any tangible measure.
    So right! I don't really need to! My husband is in love with my body. He doesn't want me "too skinny" and so I never hear from anyone, "Whoa, you've gained some weight, huh?" If I was to hear that, that would probably push me over the edge to get off my *kitten* and jump on the treadmill! But since I'm kinda almost close to my healthy weight, just slightly overweight, I am not in a rush. Only thing is, these events coming up. I really want to feel good in my clothes. Summer clothes and also my daughter's sweet 15 celebration this Thanksgiving. I have to wear a glamorous evening gown and want it all tucked in! That gives me more time to lose those 10 pounds. Plenty of time. I really want to tone up. Maybe the strength training will tone me up and make me look leaner as opposed to just losing the weight. Because I know I have to burn some fat.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Missycvt wrote: »
    @JuniperVera Exactly! That's it! You're the winner!
    I don't have the same motivation to lose as I used to, because I don't really "need" to, by any tangible measure.
    So right! I don't really need to! My husband is in love with my body. He doesn't want me "too skinny" and so I never hear from anyone, "Whoa, you've gained some weight, huh?" If I was to hear that, that would probably push me over the edge to get off my *kitten* and jump on the treadmill! But since I'm kinda almost close to my healthy weight, just slightly overweight, I am not in a rush. Only thing is, these events coming up. I really want to feel good in my clothes. Summer clothes and also my daughter's sweet 15 celebration this Thanksgiving. I have to wear a glamorous evening gown and want it all tucked in! That gives me more time to lose those 10 pounds. Plenty of time. I really want to tone up. Maybe the strength training will tone me up and make me look leaner as opposed to just losing the weight. Because I know I have to burn some fat.

Want to feel good in your clothes - start a progressive heavy lifting programme

Strong Curves / New rules of lifting for women

Stronglifts5x5.com has a great free structured programme