I wanna know what being skinny feels like

Options
JoyTN
JoyTN Posts: 28 Member
My whole life I've been slightly overweight. I'm ready to be skinny for once in my life. I wanna know what it feels like and this time I'm determined to find out. My husband keeps telling me I look great to him but I don't feel good about myself. I've got to do this for me.

I don't wanna feel like at a restaurant everyone is looking to see what the fat girl is eating. I wanna be able to buy cute clothes that actually look good on me. I don't wanna feel like I'm the biggest woman in my workplace.

My husband has agreed to join a gym with me. It's a start.

Wish me luck!!

Replies

• Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I wish you the absolute best. I really think you have the motivation it takes and you'll be where you want to be one day soon. As for being thin... I dont yet know. But I had similar motivations to lose weight and more I am 36 pounds down. I notice my belly us smaller, my arms thinner, my double chin disappearing... I frel much prettier too!

You can do this!!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    i cant wait to know what its like as well. im not even close yet, but i'm on my way! it will be nice to not have a belly roll when i sit down, fit comfortably in seats at baseball games, be able to go on hikes with friends without feeling like i might pass out, etc. We'll get there eventually, and i'm sure it will feel great!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    It's a great start! And I'm very happy to hear your husband is so supportive...that will make a lot of difference :)
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    That is great that your husband is doing it with you. You will do great!!! Good luck in your journey...
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! Good luck on your journey. I know you can do it!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! You can do it!
  • DodgeCJ
    DodgeCJ Posts: 30
    Options
    Me too.. I have been big since probably middle school... I did not have a normal child hood beacuse I battled with depression since I was over weight. And now I sit here and wonder... why didn't I try to change that, instead of sit in my room with a whole bag of oreos stuffing my face?! It get so angry sometimes, because I never really got to go out to parties, or have boyfriends, or go have fun like a normal teenager.... all because of my weight. Well, it was all in my head, but still. I finally feel like I am in control and doing the right thing. I know it will take a long time, but I have accepted this. I did this to myself, and I have to remind myself that I am worth getting healthy.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey... feel free to talk to me whenever you are feeling down. It is so nice to just vent sometimes, it really does help.

Xoxo, Courtney
  • Cillamail
    Cillamail Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I lost 18.5 kg's and have kept it off for the last year. I went from a size 16 to a size 12 and even though I still have a little to lose, I thought i would share with you how it makes me feel.
    I have confidence, I joined a sporting team for the first time in my life (roller derby!!) and I am so excited that I can keep up with the other girls, I love trying new fashions that I was never confident enough to try, or just didn't fit into. It has changed my appearance in so many ways, even my face looks prettier!!! I can borrow my best friends cloths and she even borrows mine too!
    But over all, I feel empowered, proud and just generally amazing! Once you accomplish something like weight loss, nothing can take that pride away from you.
    Stick to it, and enjoy spending time with your husband doing something healthy! I hope my story has helped you, and I hope you feel the same when you have accomplished your goals! :)
    Cilla.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I've been overweight all my life, obese for most of it. I'd like to see what it's like to be thin. I rarely mind people watching what I eat, but clothes shopping? Horrifying.
  • monchand
    monchand Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! I understand the feeling. Overweight most my life also at first it was scary But I love being a size 4 now mind you I have never been this small. I also have a loving husband who loves me no matter what has been my biggest supporter. Am excited for you!!!!!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am not skinny yet but after the weight I have lost so far, I felt so small for the first time at a concert seat, yay! I have always felt like I barely fit in those darn arena seats, it felt so good to fit comfortably :)
  • salbal70
    salbal70 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Joy
    Good on you both for making the decision to start. I'm going to steal your line "I want to know what skinny feels like"... I'm going to put this on my wall and it will help me remember why I am strapping on my workout shoes each day and sweating it out!

Feel free to friend me if you are looking for support!

Good luck to you and hubby!
  • JoyTN
    JoyTN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your support and encouragement. WE can do this!

I kind of kid about being skinny. Believe me, I'm shooting for it but the most important thing is just to get at a healthier weight. I also believe my confidence level will go up as my weight goes down. Hubby and I are going to check out a new local gym this afternoon. It's the 24/7 kind that gives you a card for the door. Sounds like my kind of place since I'm not looking forward to working out in front of people. Hopefully soon this will change! Either way, I'm going for it whether it's crowded or not. :) I'm excited about my future.

Take care!
  • Nursemindy
    Nursemindy Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow I could have written this myself. I want to know what skinny feels like, I want to try on clothes and see something besides wide hips. I have a wonderful husband that adores me but this isnt about him it is about me.

Good luck... this journey will be worth it!