The Best Chicken Tikka Masala with Basmati Rice - Only 301 C

Options
chezkie
chezkie Posts: 55 Member
I made the yummiest Chicken Tikka Masala last night, so thought I’d share the recipe…although I can take none of the credit…this is courtesy of my Weight Watcher’s Cooksmart Family Food cookbook!

450g Chicken, chopped into chunks
150g Fat Free Greek Yoghurt
2tbsp Tikka Masala Curry Paste
Fry Light or other Spray Oil
1 Red Onion, sliced finely
1tsp ‘Fresh’ Ginger (can be out of a jar which is what I used or out of a freezer bag)
2 tbsp Fresh Chopped Coriander plus extra for garnishing (Cilantro for those of you in the States)
400g Tin Chopped Tomatoes
150ml Chicken Stock
100g Basmati Rice
2 inch long piece of cucumber, sliced finely

Put the curry paste and 90g of the greek yoghurt into a non-metallic bowl and stir until combined. Add the chicken and stir until covered in the mixture. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
Spray a non-stick pan with oil spray and fry the onion for 3 minutes, reserving a little onion to garnish at the end. Add the ginger, and stir fry for 1 minute, then add the chicken mixture. Fry for a few minutes until the chicken is sealed, then add the tomatoes, coriander (cilantro) and chicken stock.
Bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer. When 10 minutes have passed, turn on the rice. When the rice is done the tikka masala should be perfectly cooked.
Serve with the remaining yoghurt on the side, and the red onion, coriander and cucumber sprinkled on the top.

Delicious! Hope you enjoy! :bigsmile:

Serves 4

301 Calories
25 Carbs
5 Fat
39 Protein

Replies

• TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for that! i will be trying that this week i think!! THANK YOU ! x
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Bump for the Weekend :o)
  • angdrusso
    angdrusso Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My fav!! Thank you for sharing!
  • canaussie
    canaussie Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy
  • krixi
    krixi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dbendelow
    dbendelow Posts: 27
    Options
    I've printed this out for the weekend. Thanks for sharing :)
  • katberz
    katberz Posts: 123
    Options
    Lush, I'm bookmarking this!
  • chezkie
    chezkie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great, glad you all like it... I suppose you could make it lower in calories if you got rid of the extra yoghurt, red onion, cucumber and coriander garnish, but equally that's kind of what makes it special!
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    think i'll have me a curry tonight :smile:
  • shezza737
    shezza737 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Definetely one to try - making me hungry !! lol xxx
  • m1zk0
    m1zk0 Posts: 9
    Options
    saved!