Well, 7lbs to go...vote on your preferred body type =p.

Options

Replies

• CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Middle.Def!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    You do look like you could add muscle easier than others, however I have seen guys with stocky builds like yours just lose weight and look very muscular without training w heavy weights.

I like the slim, but that might be bc that is the one that fits my body type.

Here is my advice continue to lose weight and when you get between 10-15% BF then you can look at yourself and see what you need to do. That is what I am doing right now I have about 8 more pounds to go and then I will decide if I want to lose a little more weight or start trying to bulk.

That advice is pretty much where I'm standing on this too. Once I'm there though, I need to decide whether to incorporate some weights in for strength and size...or continue with the body weight stuff to strengthen and define.

I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow, hopefully I'll have a dead positive bodyfat number to build off of then.

Cris
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I like the solid body the best, but I think he has built up his *** way too much. I don't like that hunched up look. BUT the chest and arms are very very nice.

***(what the heck muscle is that? goes from the neck to the shoulder, in the back. where your collarbones are, but on the back. know which one I mean?)

edited to add, your brother looks much more proportionate than the "sample solid" photo.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    I like the solid body the best, but I think he has built up his *** way too much. I don't like that hunched up look. BUT the chest and arms are very very nice.

***(what the heck muscle is that? goes from the neck to the shoulder, in the back. where your collarbones are, but on the back. know which one I mean?)

edited to add, your brother looks much more proportionate than the "sample solid" photo.

The muscle is the trapezius muscle...if you mean the one I think. Traps for short. You can see them in the picture of my back also...from behind.

I think the difference in my brother's picture and the other guys is the angle and how he's hunched his shoulders. My brother deleted his neck long ago lol =p. Well before that picture actually!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    yes, yes, that's the one.

I do not like the "where did the neck go?" look. I also do not like it when the veins all pop out on the surface and look all wormy. I don't know any females who like that look, except maybe the ones who are crazy about bodybuilding too.

Another look that is so silly is the "I did SO much ab work I am now hunched over"

it's all about proportion, IMHO. I do like a big solid body made of muscle, as long as it's all proportionately built. Any one part being overly built up looks crazy LOL (giant Arnold thighs...YUCK)
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Personally, I prefer the slim look. Lucky me, my hubby is very tall, long and lean naturally (one of those lucky people who can eat whatever they want and never gain weight) and that's how he looks when he consistently works out and builds muscle. But you will look amazing regardless of what "shape" you attain :smile:
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I'd be afraid to share a prison cell with the last guy.....
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

haha precisely the reason I like to share my bed with a guy shaped like that LOL

Makes me feel very safe.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    yes, yes, that's the one.

I do not like the "where did the neck go?" look. I also do not like it when the veins all pop out on the surface and look all wormy. I don't know any females who like that look, except maybe the ones who are crazy about bodybuilding too.

Another look that is so silly is the "I did SO much ab work I am now hunched over"

it's all about proportion, IMHO. I do like a big solid body made of muscle, as long as it's all proportionately built. Any one part being overly built up looks crazy LOL (giant Arnold thighs...YUCK)

I'm with you here lol. I'm hoping 15% bodyfat gives me nicely defined abs, without too much 'cut'. A flat stomach is all I really care about...I'd rather have runner's abs than body builders. My shoulders and chest, and my back...will be naturally heavy...I don't think I can control that...but I don't know that that's a bad thing either.

I think what I'm going to continue to do is the bodyweight stuff...no weights. When my bodyfat gets down where I want it...if there's anything I don't like or think needs bulked a little, I can always incorporate weights into my workouts on that specific area.

You guys have been an awesome help by the way...feel free to keep it up =D. Hearing other people's thoughts and opinions often helps a person solidify their own. I appreciate it!

Cris
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options

haha precisely the reason I like to share my bed with a guy shaped like that LOL

Makes me feel very safe.

Well it's the build and the fact that he's got some pretty serious bedroom eyes going on there....
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Makes me feel very safe.

LOL!! Well said both of you =p. I can honestly agree 100% with both comments =D!
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Honey, a lot of people don't seem to realize that all three of those builds are HEALTHY. I am PERSONALLY a power lifter, I have a world record in the bench press (WABDL association) and personally I feel that the middle guy is a wannabe body builder and the last is a strength trainer. Apparently, there are still people that dont understand that his abs stick out, because they are STRONG. Not fat, his shoulders are "hunched up" because they are strong! There are many ways to train, personally I think a mix of powerlifting/strength training AND the cardio is the best way to go. Its the best of both worlds! However hon, the last guy's build would be hard to obtain within 5 or so years without the use of possible illegal help. Either way love, my favorite favorite is the third. I KNOW from personal experience, that he is the only one that could lift a boat! "D

Also, guys that have the last guys' build, still dont look like that unless they cut weight. The veins sticking way out and such, its all after cutting weight to make themselves look like that for pics.
  • tinareet
    tinareet Posts: 126
    Options
    i think somewhere in between the slim and middle guy, but minus less huge traps(im a freak and have a weird phobia of this muscle LOL) :) is what i find attractive, but lots of different people find different things attractive so whatever is easier for you and is your natural body shape go with it just like us women have to go with our pear/apple/whatever shape
    Xxx
  • IyonnaF
    IyonnaF Posts: 101
    Options
    Solid! Me-frickin-ow!
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Wow what a question. Everyone has different preferences. I guess its like asking people whether they like Marmite or not. There isn't a right answer. Just do whatever you feel comfortable with. Sometimes we don't know what we are comfortable with until we work a little closer to it. eg. my ideal GW was 161lb now I am 1lb away from that I think I could go 7lb lighter and still have my curves. So work towards building muscle and see how it look on you.

But to answer your question, I love a slim build. Slim but muscly. I get freaked out by that "no neck, huge shoulders and tiny legs look" I see so regularly at the gym.
  • cakeslovesbaking
    Options
    Only out of personal preference I prefer slim build.... I do know many of my friends prefer the larger guy! good luck whatever you goal.
  • finabella
    finabella Posts: 176
    Options
    Hi I like the Slim to middle
  • SHALONDAG
    SHALONDAG Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    A combination of slim's Abds and solid's chest, shoulders and arms would definately do it for me!:happy:
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Go with what works for you and is obtainable, don't push for something that is totally out of character for your fit and healthy you!

Personal preference, I like the slim, too much muscle isn't for me!
  • MelsDiet
    MelsDiet Posts: 69
    Options
    I second this.

Id deffinatley say the 'middle' one however I do think there's too much muscle there for me.

Of course, thats just my personal perference.

Sorry my 'reply' to specific threads doesn't seem to work!?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!