whats the best motivation advice

Options
in need of super good motivation right now!! im about to give up.. sadly i dont have any patients for this ha

Replies

• TheRoseRoss
    TheRoseRoss Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I think it comes down to the individual. We're in a locker room at half time and our team is losing. The coach is giving his "pump you up" pep talk. Some buy into it and are excited to get out there in order to turn the tides. Others roll their eyes and think "yeah, whatever. Can we just get this over with?" Both heard the exact same speech, but reacted to it entirely differently. It's up to you which of those people you will allow yourself to be. To quote Chael Sonnen:

"People will tell you "failure is not an option." That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. We can choose to fail, or we can choose to succeed."

Fitness is one of the few things where the power is completely in your hands. Will you do what you need to do in order to accomplish your goals, or will you not do those things, which is ultimately you choosing to fail?

Have you made non-superficial changes? Are you being consistent in those changes? Are you putting all that you can into your exercise? Or, are you eating the super sized, double quarter pounder, extra value meal, with extra cheese and an apple pie, but then telling yourself that you're making strides in the right direction because you ordered a diet coke? You know, because you're "watching your calories."

Are you challenging yourself with your exercise, or are you going through the motions, walking the same 2 miles that you have been for 6 months, and then patting yourself on the back for a "job well done?"

If you continue to do what you've been doing, you'll continue to get the results that you've been getting. It's halftime. Are you going to try to turn the game around, or will you concede defeat before even stepping out of the locker room?
  • debbysatit
    debbysatit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just remember what you chose as your name "Prove them wrong". What were your reasons for choosing that, what motivated you to start..are those reasons still there? For me finding friends on here is motivation. Having someone to kind of cheer you on or give you positive comments. It may take awhile to find some that will do that but it is helpful.
  • belleamore1234
    belleamore1234 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The only motivation I need is looking at my naked body in the full glare of the morning sun if I don't like what I see that's enough to get my butt into gear, there is no food that's taste better than feeling fit feels, you don't need to take huge strides and then crash and burn make small changes everyday that then become part of your life exercise releases endorphins but if you start exercising feeling negative about it it will always feel like a chore when I first started I just threw my headphones on and started walking I walked and walked and walked and walked and then when I felt able I started power walking then that turned into running this didn't happen overnight it happened over many months. Recharge your batteries and reassess for how long you want to spend in your life feeling miserable about how you look versus the little effort it takes to start looking better
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Motivation is an internal thing. You can be inspired, encouraged, cheered on, etc., but if you personally aren't motivated enough to do it for yourself without it, then none of that really matters.
    A TRULY motivated person doesn't let obstacle or deterrences stop them. Even if they don't get support, they find a way to reach whatever goal they are trying to achieve.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png