eating childrens leftovers!

Options
Hi

I have a problem with throwing out food, when my children have finished their dinners and leave some meat/york puds etc.. it looks so nice and tempting when you are on a diet!! i think oh a bit wont hurt but day after day it adds up lo:smile: l i just cant bring myself to bin it!!

Anyone else have this prob with temptation or is it just mr being greedy!! lol:blushing:

Replies

• bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    I do it too!! Just log in everything you eat, and eat less when you have dinner!
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I find it hard, but I've stopped it now. I do try to cook 'leftover' meals, bubble and squeak, or make a frittata the following day ...
  • stoneman1970
    stoneman1970 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used to do it alot but I picked up a sick bug from one of my kids after I finished their dinner!! We just keep the kids portion sizes down - if they want more then thats ok. My kids put away so much I can't imagine there will be any chance for seconds soon.
  • amira78
    amira78 Posts: 30
    Options
    I do it too!! Just log in everything you eat, and eat less when you have dinner!

lol glad im not the only one! ill have to start adding it to my daily calories instead of cheating:happy:
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have a problem with throwing out food, when my children have finished their dinners and leave some meat/york puds etc.. it looks so nice and tempting when you are on a diet!! i think oh a bit wont hurt but day after day it adds up lo:smile: l i just cant bring myself to bin it!!

Anyone else have this prob with temptation or is it just mr being greedy!! lol:blushing:

i used to, a tip from weight watcher buy a cheap bottle of washing up liquid and squirt it on their left over's then you can't eat them!

lets face it wether they eat the food or it goes in the bin or you eat it its gone! But if you eat it you feel the guilt the bin does NOT..
  • amira78
    Options
    I used to it alot but I picked up a sick bug from one of kids after I finished their dinner!! we just keep the kids portion sizes down - if they want more then thats ok.

good idea i wont give them such a pile of food! lol
  • amira78
    Options
    Hi

:laugh:

i used to, a tip from weight watcher buy a cheap bottle of washing up liquid and squirt it on their left over's then you can't eat them!

lets face it wether they eat the food or it goes in the bin or you eat it its gone! But if you eat it you feel the guilt the bin does NOT..
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    we have chickens so the leftovers go to them. They sometimes even pinch stuff off of my plate.. Just stick with if you eat it log it. even if it is just a few more mouthfuls as you siad it all adds up
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    My mother used to have the same problem. I can't say I have ever been tempted by the children's cold, usually half chewed left overs. I can't think of many things less appealing!
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Do you have a garden? Start a compost heap, anything that the kids eat, stick it on that quick sharp so you don't eat it, or cover it in washing up liquid (remember sex and the city with miranda and the chocolate cake?), I've had to do it more than once to stop me from eating extra!
  • amira78
    Options
    My mother used to have the same problem. I can't say I have ever been tempted by the children's cold, usually half chewed left overs. I can't think of many things less appealing!

i dont mean the chewed food! yuk!! lol
    but have to admit cold food i have no probs eating x
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I have a Beagle dog. He is very, very chubby. He will eat anything he can get to. I look at him and it reminds me of what I will look like if I eat all of the kids leftovers.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I can't eat food anyone else has touched, if it's been on someone else's plate....bleurgh.
  • amira78
    Options
    i can! im a greedy binger!
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Are you peaking in my windows?! lol I use to do that too. It was my biggest problem was eating my kids leftovers bc I hated to waste. I've stopped it now tho so I know you can too. Its just a habit and you have to tell yourself you can either put it in the trash or on your hips. That thought always stops me from putting it in my mouth. ;)
  • punkindoesit
    punkindoesit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't have that problem... LOL. My kids (5 and 7) either eat all of their food, or it looks disgusting when their done with what they want to eat that I have no desire to eat it. Something you could do though is have a container that you put all the misc. meats and veggies in that are left over Monday-Thursday then on Friday cook some sort of catch all casserole. I like to use all the misc leftover meat/veggies, a can of stewed tomatos and 1 box of jiffy mix... put all the ingredients in a glass dish, mix up the jiffy mix and pour over top and cook as directed on the jiffy mix box. It's really yummy, you don't feel guilty about snacking on the leftovers each night and your saving $$ by not waisting any food. :happy:
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I have a Beagle dog. He is very, very chubby. He will eat anything he can get to. I look at him and it reminds me of what I will look like if I eat all of the kids leftovers.

Love it! :flowerforyou:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    delete.
  • christine24t
    Options
    delete.
  • christine24t
    Options
    Hi

Haha this reminds me on Sex and the City when Miranda didn't want to keep eating the chocolate cake so she threw it in the garbage, and then grabbed it out later and kept eating it. But yes that's a good idea I do that sometimes too!