Best Crosstrainers?

Options
Best crosstrainers anyone? I am an Asics girl but am unhappy with my current shoes. They are OK for walking but not enough stick for MMA, not enough bounce for running or dance. I have a pair of Brooks Ghost 7 which were great at first but have completely blown out after only 6 months of use! I had a pair of Nike's that I loved, thinking about going back to some type of Nike crosstrainer. I need something supportive enough for a lot of lateral movement, cushion enough for jumps, tough enough for HIIT, enough stick for MMA/Boxing and light enough to run... Any ideas?

Replies

• heidim44444
    heidim44444 Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I am also in the market for cross trainers. I love my saucony rides for running but every pair of cross trainers feel awful, not supportive or cushioned enough, and the sizing seems different than running shoes (they seem smaller.)

Brooks Ghost 7 are also running shoes, so I can see how they didn't work for you for cross training.

The best cross-trainers I tried on were by Ryka, but they didn't have my size, anyone familiar with them?
  • Rampant328
    Rampant328 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I like the Nike Air REAX for cross training. For me, they have the features that you mentioned but the problem is that they keep coming out with new shoes all the time. The best bet is to find a place like Dick's and try them on. Try your different moves and use their little running track to see what works best. Any answer on here might be good for someone else but not you. There are also good websites that have you look at the wear on your old shoes and ask questions to help make your shoe selection easier.