Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weightloss Plateau/lower belly fat

I know weightloss slows down the smaller you get but I have been at a plateau for almost 2 months now. I did p90x3 did great and moved on to 21 day fix and had no results and I'm not on insanity:max 30 in the second month and still no results..no weightloss no inch loss. I eat my recommended calories I'm currently messing with my macros to see if that boosts everything. But does anyone have any advice? Also any advice on getting rid of that lower belly would be great too!

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    How many calories are you allowing yourself a day?
    Do you use a food scale?
    How much do you have mfp set up for weight loss? 1 lb a week? 2?

The only way to get rid of lower belly fat is overall weight loss, you can't spot reduce.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Are you weighing and logging everything you eat? Have you adjusted your calories as you've lost weight? What percentage of your exercise calories do you eat back?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I second the question regarding the food scale and eating back of the exercise calories...

If not food scale, you may very well be eating more than you think you are (really really easy to do) and if you use MFP to calculate your exercise and eating all those back... then this too could be the culprit..
  • arielwuteska1234
    arielwuteska1234 Posts: 12 Member
    I eat between 1200-1400 calories a day and with that I should be losing any where from .5-1.5 lbs a week. Everyday I finish my log it always says I should weight much less then I am in 5 weeks. Most days I don't eat calories back and some days I eat some of of them back but usually not to many. I also log a little more then I think I eat because I don't have a scale. I'm very critical on my calories and try to be hard on myself.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    1. The 5 week prediction isn't the best thing to follow, as it goes by if everything was like that exact day. In seventeen months, I don't think I've ever hit that number it says.
    2. Buy a food scale. Even logging more, you're still bound to underestimate by a lot.
  • arielwuteska1234
    Well I would expect to get somewhere near the 5 week prediction cause most days it's the same or below that. But I'm gonna try and get a food scale and change my diet a little.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    do you use a food scale to weigh all solid foods?
  • arielwuteska1234
    No I don't use a food scale..I either follow the packaged amount on things or I use the hand measurements. But you all have made me more conscious that I maybe over eating so I have been making better estimations and I have added another workout in and today I weighed in less then I have been. I was fluctuating between 117 and 118 then I gained when I started max 30 and was fluctuating 119 and 120..but this today after I ate the scale said 117..so let's hope I kicked start everything and I can start losing some inches! Thank you all!