Which activity tracker to get active DH for Father's Day?

Options
MamaFunky
MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
Wanting to get DH some type of activity tracker for Father's Day, but not sure which one. He is an active runner and lifts free weights at home. He also walks 18 holes of golf a few times a week. He's not into HRM's and things like that, but I think he would like to wear a fitbit or something like that. He's has an iphone so if there is something that could link to it, that would be great.

I have a HRM that I love, but not familiar with these other devices. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• nursedonnaj
    nursedonnaj Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would want a Microsoft band. Simply because I just like futzing around with gadgets. It has a GPS, syncs up with an iPhone, counts steps, syncs with myfitnesspal, has a HRM, gives out sexual favors, etc. Ok, I made that last one up, but it does the other things. I've heard Fitbits are cool too.

LMAO!! You literally made coffee come out my nose. Thanks for the giggle this morning! :p
  • MamaFunky
    Options
    haha! He would love it if it would do that last one. That's too funny. :smiley: Thanks for the suggestion about the Microsoft band. I will have to look into it.
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex, it ok. I'd rather have the fitbit charge to see the step count at a glance instead of needing a phone. It also displays the time, activity minutes, and caller-id.
  • NofatdaddyMike
    NofatdaddyMike Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    The Polar M400 is a very nice sport watch and activity tracker. It has a GPS so your husband could track his runs. It will connect to a Bluetooth HRM if he wants to do that later. Priced pretty good for what it does. The Polar Loop is nice also for just an activity tracker that you can also hook up to an HRM. Fitbit is probably the easiest to use, but I do not like the fact it is not water proof. The Polar units and others can be worn while swimming.
  • vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Wait...which one does sexual favors?? :smile:
  • MamaFunky
    Options
    thanks everyone for the suggestions! I am looking forward to checking them all out. I think DH is going to love it. I would guess that some of these would link to an ipad as well? The GPS sounds cool too. He walks 18 holes of golf a lot, so it will be neat to track that, as well.
  • ACyclingAdmin
    ACyclingAdmin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Fitbit charge HR is great if your husband already uses other trackers for specific activities. I have a garmin cycling computer so no need to track my cycling activities, it is much more accurate than a wrist based tracker can ever be. But I wanted something to count my steps and resting heart rate to better understand my caloric needs.