*WANTED* Low / No-Carb Dinners

Options
leighkent
leighkent Posts: 195 Member
Hello, this is my first post here.

I would really like some ideas for low / no carb dinners - I am really struggling to think up any more than 5 and these ones are getting quite boring having them each week!!! xx

Replies

• cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    the only low carb meal I have is one based on ratatouille. Makes enough for 4 people and will keep in the fridge for a day.
    2 tins of tomatoes
    broccoli
    mangtout
    baby corn
    carrots
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    2 teaspoons tomato puree
    salt and pepper (optional)
    mixed herbs (italian)

Cook in slow cooker or oven for a couple of hours.
    Can include chicken breasts and/or top with cheese

With chicken 51g protein, 435 calories, 32 carbs
  • Brooke1542
    Brooke1542 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Check out the website http://www.skinnytaste.com/

She has a section on there for low carb recipies
  • tanyaelise
    tanyaelise Posts: 28
    Options
    Try this on chicken:

Emeril's Creol Seasoning:

Ingredients
    2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
    2 tablespoons salt
    2 tablespoons garlic powder
    1 tablespoon black pepper
    1 tablespoon onion powder
    1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
    1 tablespoon dried thyme

Mix them all together (makes quite a bit) Store the rest in airtight container.

I take a pack of boneless/skinless chicken thighs. Put in a pan on a layer of non-stick aluminum and a pad of butter. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes on one side. Flip, sprinkle, and bake for another 20 min. I do low carb but the family insists on this next version.

Take the spices and add about 4 heaping tablespoons to two cups of flour. Put it in a baggie to mix. Rinse the thighs and put in one at a time (like you would with shake-n-bake.) Set up your pan and oven temperature just as I mentioned above. Cook them the same way.

As a side to this I make steamed brocolli with cheese sauce. (velveeta melts down fine and you don't have to use flour to make a sauce.)
  • irdietinfo
    irdietinfo Posts: 29
    Options
    You get used to it and it becomes easier to think of substitutions for the carbs... I love Thai food and just have extra veggies instead of rice.

There are some good low-carb cookbooks if you get stuck!
  • Baileys83
    Baileys83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hello... tonight I shall be having chicken breast (170g) with spinach, brocolli, peas and sweet chillu sauce for flavour, 250 cals, 36 carbs, 2 fat and 29 protein. Last night I went for hot and spicy chicken breast, cucumber, sweetcorn, iceberg lettuce and extra light mayo, 134 calories, 20 carbs, 3 fat and 13 protein. Salad and veg is a great way to bulk out meals :-)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Lean Protien and tons of veggies
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump