over 50 maintaining firm, fit and f-able

Options
I'm 54 yrs 5'6" 150lbs...34b/29/36, mentally I am a middle age woman, capable and strong for my age. If I were to compare myself in general to other woman of the same age, I would no doubt be placed at the top % of healthy, fit and active woman. While I am very comfortable in my skin and sound in my mental well being, I believe many factors must be taken into account before assessing and comparing ourselves to anothers. As we age into your 40's and 50's and even into our 60's and 70's each millennium brings about changes in our bodies challenging us in our good fight to stay health and active... While a Healthy mind body and spirit has always been part of my general life style it is no less challenging to accept the inevitable changes as we age. Consistency, dedication and personal problem solving research continues to benefit me in achieving my goals. We are physiologically similar but what one might need to solve a specific challenge may not necessarily be that which another may need. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked,
"What do you do to stay so fit and active?" My answer has always been the same... "Hard Work and dedication". Like most things we want to change in our life, it requires; first a need to want to change it, dedication, and persistence... We flounder, so get up and try again and keep trying until you get it. It will happen!

I started my fight weighing in at 190lbs, mentally depressed, drained and harboring a negative attitude. I simply did not want to be unhealthy an more.. I was tired of feeling sick and tired. I made a decision to change it!

I goggled "dance work outs", because I loved to dance, then dedicated myself to 10 min every single morning when I awoke. I was going to dance if it killed me!.. I did that for 21 consecutive days. By the 4th or 5th day I was feeling up lifted. I kept on going reaching my goal of 21 days with out even knowing I had. IT BECAME a HABIT! A really, really, good habit and I kept right on going... To this day I've not stopped. The fight goes on but my goals have changed.. It is a never ending battle raising a family, working a full time job, no to mention getting older. The decision I made then became one I found I had to make in other areas of my life. It was not easy then but now its a part of who I am. It was a min to min challenge at times, one that requires honesty and acceptance of who I was at the time, flaws and all. Be happy with who you are, accentuating and expressing your positive features and attributes. Each of us have unique gifts to give of our selves, being the best person we can be to ourselves is the beginning of understanding the gifts we can offer others. We are as individual as snow flakes. Each of us must listen closely to what our own bodies are telling us about our specific needs in all areas of our health and wellbeing. don't let any one or anything stand in your way to good health. Keep up a good fight and be happy! :)

Replies