Results are lagging:(

Options
ruelpal
ruelpal Posts: 3 Member
In 3 weeks I've lost just a few lbs. I've cut out a lot and although my diet is far from perfect I've made changes that I thought would add up to more then 3lbs!:(

I'm big and have a lot to lose... I have PCOS which makes it tricky to lose... But dang!!!:-/ I could use some friends to journey with... And feedback. Thank you!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You're losing a pound a week, which is excellent progress!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I am losing at a rate slower than 1 pound a week, and slowly yet surely it is finally becoming noticeable. According to my math and general idea, if you lose a pound a week that is over 50 pounds in 1 year! Sounds pretty incredible to me :)
  • bgosh15
    bgosh15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    In a year that's 52 lbs, great job!
  • ekharris84
    ekharris84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't get discouraged! I found that the hard pounds to loose are the ones that once they are gone they are harder to come back if you stick with it! As someone over 250, I loose 5lbs water weight just from salt, but gain it back from one night out with DH or girlfriends. Its those 1-2 lbs a week that are really gone if I don't re-lapse. :smile:

Also, as a chronic yo-yoer, don't cut out too much. A doctor friend advised me to start with three things you need to cut that are your triggers for over eating (for me ice cream, corn/potato chips and fancy cheese). The rest try to stay in portion control. The DV recommendation % of protein, fat, and carbs. After a few weeks, add something else (cheesecake or cookies for me) that is just a no-no till goal.

Almost everything is ok in moderation. Aka, I do plantain chips with guac now instead of corn chips because I can just eat 10 of those instead of reaching back in the bag for corn chips. All you have to phrase out completely are your over-eating triggers :smile:
  • davidmanfred
    davidmanfred Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My advice is to stop weighing yourself. I have made a few great attempts at weight loss and each time I would weigh myself and not see the result I wanted to see it made me depressed which made tracking my food more difficult and eventually i just gave up and stopped watching what I ate.

This time I didn't weigh myself at the beginning and just started watching what I ate. Clothes have gotten looser and people have started commenting, I'm 70+ days in without a weigh in and I don't feel the competition with myself. I hid my scale at home and decided to not live by home much I weight each day, week or month. Maybe at the end of 90 days I might get on it but frankly I have no desire to get on. It might be a huge surprise how much I have lost or it might be a huge surprise how little I lost compared to how I feel and frankly I feel great so why ruin that.

Try a month without getting on the scale. It will be your reward for following through with 30 days. You will see results and you won't spend each day worrying you aren't losing enough.
  • ruelpal
    ruelpal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone .... These are great points. I appreciate the support! I'm going to need it!:)