How often do you all weight yourselves?

Options
I weight myself every two weeks. Is this okay? How often do you weight yourselves?

Rach x

Replies

• kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    I usually weigh every week officially, but i'm on and off the scales daily.
    I'm thinking about throwing my home scales and weighing in once every two weeks at the gym instead!
  • jessie580
    jessie580 Posts: 87
    Options
    probably 2 x a week, which is too much!
    you should do it 1 x a week, from what I have read :)
  • zebraroonie
    zebraroonie Posts: 13
    Options
    It's really individual I think...I used to weigh daily. But a persons body weight fluxuates so much from day to day, that I stopped doing that (for the most part, lol). Weekly or every two weeks is great!!! Sounds like you're on the right track!
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    i weigh weekly, same day, same time, same clothes!
  • Bob_Sugar
    Bob_Sugar Posts: 61
    Options
    Every AM before I shower
  • valerie32256
    Options
    I weigh and do measurements every Sunday at 7am
  • DrAlbin
    DrAlbin Posts: 25
    Options
    I weigh every day. I also take into consideration weight fluctuation, so i don't get discouraged by the little gains.
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a month!
  • Roe1968
    Roe1968 Posts: 133
    Options
    once a week, about 1 hour after I wake up, on a empty stomach and empty bladder......
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    At the start of my journey I weighed in once a week as I loved to see a big drop each week, as I have got further and further a long I have weighed myself more often. Now that I am at those pesky last few pounds I weight in each morning as it's just too discouraging otherwise - and it's important to understand my bodies natural fluctuations.
  • capalnas
    capalnas Posts: 1
    Options
    i weight once a month and try and do it on the same scale because it dont matter if the scale is off, if you use the same one it will show an accurate wieght loss difference. in the morning empty bladder
  • MelsDiet
    MelsDiet Posts: 69
    Options
    I weigh weekly on a Friday morning, first thing with no clothes on and after being to the toilet.
  • botography
    botography Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh myself when the scales say I have lost weight :-) I weigh myself every morning but don't even think to report it until it shows a stable loss for two days in a row. Woke up this morning to what looked like weight gain. HOWEVER MY CLOTHES WERE VERY LOOSE (did I spell that right;-)
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, the same time each day, before I shower and have breakfast. I watch the scales go up and down by a pound or so sometimes. The fluctuation could be to different things going on in my body, or it could be because I am placing the scale in a slightly different place in my bathroom each time. Most of the other areas in my home are carpeted and there is not enough non-carpet floor space in the bathroom to keep it in one place all the time. Regardless, the slight fluctuation doesn't bother me. When I am consistently at a particular weight over a several-day period, I enter it on MFP and take tape measurements of my waist at the same time, entering any changes then. The belly measurement number is the toughest number at the moment, staying the same over a loss of several pounds. But it will go too, I have faith. :)
  • anthonywaters
    anthonywaters Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the AM daily. However, like others have mentioned, I don't sweat the small stuff. I just do it to see if there are trends and it is just part of a routine now.

In the beginning I weighed in several times a day (morning, before and after the gym). Now I just do it in the AM.
  • roseymacdoo
    roseymacdoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have thrown away our scales (they were pretty unreliable anyway!) and get weighed at my doctors surgery once a month. I'll do my measurements on the same day too.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    The first several weeks, I only weighed in once a week.

Now I weigh daily. The scale does jump around a bit over the course of a week, but as I expect it to, that doesn't freak me out. If I see the same weight for a few consecutive days, then I log it.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I chart my weight weekly on the same day, fresh out of bed.

I have found myself weighing myself on off days, at off hours, and just random moments when it hits me. My weight fluctuates through out the day. I do not allow the numbers to get to me, although I have found that Sundays I seem to weigh less. :laugh:

I think we are all different. You will need to decide what works for you. :drinker:
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I used to weigh myself all the time....then I had hubby hide the scale. Eventually I weighed once a week, then once every two weeks. Now I can easily walk by the scale and not think anything of it. I usually weigh every other week, but sometimes I will go 3 weeks. I have gotten to the point where I don't obsess over the numbers, I judge by how I feel, how my clothes fit, etc.
  • DRay64
    DRay64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Once a week unless I know I had a particularly bad day during the week and then I may wait till the next week just cause I'm scared to see if I gained some weight.