Nothing is happening

Options
Hi, I have been following this now for just over two weeks, I am exercising requlalry 5 X 40 mins a week and eating just under my calories - cant eat anymore. And yet I am not loosing weight, I have stayed the same, Anybody any ideas, as I am loosing patience. Many thanks - will just add, my clothes are feeling slightly better but i want to loose weight.

Replies

• essjayvee
    essjayvee Posts: 1
    Options
    Muscles weigh more than fat. So even though you may weigh the same your body shape will be changing.

Try taking your measurements and see how they change as well as just relying upon weighing yourself.

Don't give up! You're obviously trying really hard. Amazing results don't come straight away.
  • burnguru25
    burnguru25 Posts: 37
    Options
    Basically, do not focus on the scale. Focus on your measurements. People (I also am included) like to focus on a number, the wrong number. As you posted, your clothes feel slightly better...that is better than any scale loss. Hang in there, it is worth all this effort.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You mention that you're eating just under your calories!!! you need to eat more, normal for woman on a daily basis you should consume 1200 calories, now you work out so you need to eat that amount even more so, especially as you've burned say 300/400 or more in each workout!.....so EAT!!! and drink your water allowance and you should see the weight coming off! Good luck, others will be along to give you more advice. :flowerforyou:
  • MrsDiaz27
    MrsDiaz27 Posts: 1
    Options
    did u do your measurements before you started? that can sometimes show weight loss better than the scale.

5756289.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    How much do you have to lose?

have you read this - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics
  • sjuneht
    sjuneht Posts: 2
    Options
    When nothing is happening, don't get discouraged. Do get out the tape measure. You may have lost inches. Be sure to eat your full amount of calories. No need to go over them though. If you can incease your exercise just a little, that may get things moving again. The good thing about plateaus is if you keep with your program you will see results eventually. Keep with it. The results are worth it.
  • elainedon
    elainedon Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it. I will keep burning the calories.