wireless headphones help please

Options
Has anyone found a good pair of wireless headphones for running. I bought a pair that are great for everything but running they fall out after I start sweating. I'm not looking to spend more than $50. And I'm worried that the over the ear ones will be too hot....any advice would be awesome ty:)

Replies

• illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have been through 4 different sets of bluetooth stereo headphones, and so far I have found these have been the most comfortable and least likely to fall out of my ears: http://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Sweatproof-Headphones-Hands-free/dp/B00W4YU578/
    They have different sized wing-shaped pieces that sit in your ear comfortably and keep them stable, and have pretty decent sound.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I like to keep one ear open to hear what is going on around me so I use a bluetooth earbud in one ear.

Only time it has come out is if I knock it out. I walk, run, and bicycle with it in my ear.

m70-white-earloop.png
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I use the Arriva Leo (the original version) and love them. I swapped out the actual ear bud for the rubber one from Yurbuds as those fit my ears the best. I love them. My first pair lasted a year and a half (they just died...boo....). I'm using my husband's now, but I see they have a new version out so will probably put these on my Christmas list this year: http://arriva.com/bluetooth-sports-stereo/
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    For the price ($19), it's hard to beat these:
    https://www.choxi.com/daily_deals/view/1484115-maze_exclusive_bluetooth_neckband_headset___assorted_colors

I loved them so much I bought a second pair to use at work and a pair for my wife. The only thing I really hate about them is that there is a blue LED that flashes every 10 seconds or so. At night it's really annoying. I solved that problem by putting a little piece of black electrical tape over it. It's stayed on and the button underneath still works.

219658-1-rg.jpg
  • lizznagelmiller
    lizznagelmiller Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have been through 4 different sets of bluetooth stereo headphones, and so far I have found these have been the most comfortable and least likely to fall out of my ears: http://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Sweatproof-Headphones-Hands-free/dp/B00W4YU578/
    They have different sized wing-shaped pieces that sit in your ear comfortably and keep them stable, and have pretty decent sound.

Those r the ones I have they end up falling out :( they are kind of bulky too
  • lizznagelmiller
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    For the price ($19), it's hard to beat these:
    https://www.choxi.com/daily_deals/view/1484115-maze_exclusive_bluetooth_neckband_headset___assorted_colors

I loved them so much I bought a second pair to use at work and a pair for my wife. The only thing I really hate about them is that there is a blue LED that flashes every 10 seconds or so. At night it's really annoying. I solved that problem by putting a little piece of black electrical tape over it. It's stayed on and the button underneath still works.

219658-1-rg.jpg

Does the part that goes around your neck bounce around while running?
  • lizznagelmiller
    Options
    Thank you everyone for replying :smiley:
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have the Motorola s305s from Amazon. My first pair lasted 2 years. They don't bounce, have good sound and allow ambient noise in. I know you didn't want an over ear style but for the price, they might be worth a look.

The Maze pair is carried by Amazon and at least one reviewer claims the neck band bounces while running.
  • lizznagelmiller
    Options
    Ty
  • kbaker001
    kbaker001 Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Those r the ones I have they end up falling out :( they are kind of bulky too

I also have these and they were falling out until I switched to a pair of the smaller rubber tips that go into your ear. Have you tried the other size tips that come with it?
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Does the part that goes around your neck bounce around while running?

I imagine it probably does to some extent but it's nothing I've ever noticed.

Some other nits with these is that the buds are supposed to be held by the yellow tips via magnets, but they're not strong enough to be effect. I just let the buds dangle. The head phones also announce when it's turned on, pairing and connected. If you have the buds in when this happens, it's louder than I'd like.

What I do like is that you can answer phone calls easily. the music will stop, you press a button, talk, then press it to end and the music continues. I can also pause and advance my music with these.

For some reason, the sets I bought only have controls on one side, but hey...for $20 I don't really care. These are good enough to be effective but cheap enough that if I lose them or break them, I don't care.

I've used them in very light rain, but nothing heavy, with no problem.

• rockinrodders123
    rockinrodders123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've got a pair of these Sony NWZ-W273S, they are not bluetooth but have a 4gb MP3 built in. Just drag in the songs and playlists on your pc and away you go. They are totally waterproof (can be used for swimming) and don't come out, they have a few sizes of bud to suit all ears. Only cost about £40 or dollar equivalent. You flick tracks using buttons on the ear. So you don't need to fiddle around getting your phone or ipod out of it's armband, in fact you don;t even need to take your phone!

If you forget to charge the battery it you can plug it in for 3 minutes and charge it enough for about an hour.

I tried various models of bluetooth earphones but got fed up of interference and losing connection as a lot of my use is on an airport.

orna0rcra61i.jpg

• JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I also have these ones and I love them. Have you tried switching the size of the earbud? Maybe the one you have in is too big? That is what happened to me, at least. Once I moved to the smaller bud, they worked great.

ETA - Whoops! I see someone else has already suggested this :)
  • lizznagelmiller
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I got the JAYBIRDS. These were great headphones! Great sound. Stayed in my ears while I ran, even without the little clips for that. Kinda pricy ($140ish). I used them for 3 or so years and then they died. I decided I couldn't afford $140 every few years so I tried FOUR different pair from amazon. Didn't like them.

I ultimately contacted Jaybird, who immediately offered me $70 toward a new pair, and shipped them to me at no cost.

And, fwiw, they do have a cheaper model.
    Love that company!
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have the plantronics backbeat fit and think they are absolutely awesome. Sound quality is great, they are very light weight, adjustable earpieces, and sweat proof. Only con I have found is battery life is only about 6 hours or so but I figure that's to be expected with a decent pair of headphones