Preparing for Baby

Options
Is anyone else on here trying to prepare themselves for having a baby. I'm really trying to get into good shape so that I'm as healthy as possible when it's time to start trying. I'm trying to lose the little bit of extra "fluff" that I have. What is everyone else doing?

Replies

• megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Good idea lovely. Will help in pregnancy and birth and post birth to be a healthy version of you. I'm not in the same situation - think we're done on the baby front.
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You have a great mindset but remember that even being healthy before you get pregnant doesn't always mean that you will have a healthy pregnancy and not gain some weight. Be prepared for that :). I gained 50 lbs with all 4 of my boys and I did not eat everything under the sun just because I was "eating for 2"!! lol But having a great eaty regimen and watching your sweets and no-need foods is such a great start. Also getting a good exercise routine in even if it is just walking around the block. All of it helps for before, during, and after pregnancy. Good luck to you!!
  • ivylaurenolsen
    ivylaurenolsen Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am doing that too! Thought I was the only one who thought like that, haha :)
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I just feel like the healthier I am now the easier it will be on my body. I know weight gain is inevitable and part of having a baby, but that doesn't mean I need to be 160 pounds to start because I can healthier than that to start off with!