How does belly fat fade away?

Options
golferd
golferd Posts: 400 Member
I have always had my belly fat. Thanks mom and dad :). How did you most see the visual loss results in belly fat

Top to bottom, sides, little bits everywhere? I know my belly is there and just trying to get something to look forward to.

I am not asking how to make it go away, I am asking how you saw the results changing on your body.

Replies

• codexavellum
    codexavellum Posts: 112
    Options
    Eat clean, that is what makes the fat go away
  • codexavellum
    codexavellum Posts: 112
    Options
    Double posted.
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    Jillian Michale's 6wk/6pk abs.....it's a great DVD that is super hard, includes lots of cardio (to melt that belly fat) and then ab strength exercises to build that 6pk....It's very challenging, very good and you WILL lose inches doing it! I love it!!
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    My belly fat was the last to go when I was sure to avoid The artificial fats (hydrogenated )
  • poarche
    poarche Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    eat clean and cardio cardio cardio!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy and exercise. There's not a magic pill, sorry.
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    How did most see their loss results in belly fat
    Top to bottom, sides, little bits everywhere? I know my belly is there and just trying to get something to look forward to.

For me personally, The top and sides obliques are the easiest to get into shape. It is the bottom portion that holds onto the belly fat like CRAZY! I just started the 200 sit up challenge and am hopeful that this will help me out. I know that Pilates also helps sculpt all over your core.
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    I've noticed more on the top abs, then the love handles go, then the bottom abs. Seems to be the way it goes.
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    How did most see their loss results in belly fat

For me personally, The top and sides obliques are the easiest to get into shape. It is the bottom portion that holds onto the belly fat like CRAZY! I just started the 200 sit up challenge and am hopeful that this will help me out. I know that Pilates also helps sculpt all over your core.

You get a prize for reading and answering the true question, not just the title. Lololol
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Think of how you gained weight ---- then reverse it that is how it will come off. So, the last part to gain, will be the first part off. I'm cursed with large thighs, but a small stomach. I can still tell the difference in my belly when I lose and I generally lose from the sides first and the lower ab last. The lower ab has gotten to be progressively worse problem area for me as I've hit my 30's. It is actually the first body change I noticed as I get "older" and my hormones change. Did I get the thighs to go away in exchange, of course not - lol......
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Well, we all post at once and all say the same thing --- at least we are consistent!! :)
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    Mine is post pregnancy belly so it maybe different but mine always goes top and bottom and takes forever for the very middle. Drives me bananas.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I have always had my belly fat. Thanks mom and dad :). How did you most see the visual loss results in belly fat

I am not asking how to make it go away, I am asking how you saw the results changing on your body.

As stated above, mine went away on the top first, then the love handles and I'm still working on the pooch :grumble: lol!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you want to get the belly fat gone, there are a couple of things you need to do. First, eat really clean. I would suggest making sure you get enough calories but also the right type of calories. I would suggest doing a 40/40/20 (carbs/proteins/fats) custom ratio. This will help clean up your diet. Next, you need to work your entire core. Not just situps but work your lower back, obliques, hip flexors, mid-section.

it is a good idea to have a good cardio and weight training program (something like P90X is great). To get abs, you need low body fat. For guys, if you want that six pack, you will need 6-8% body fat.
  • lennykat
    lennykat Posts: 89
    Options
    I've notice it on my sides first and maybe a bit on the top. Nothing in the middle really or the bottom, especially when I'm sitting (so frustrating!)

I'm doing planks 3x 1min. each. I think its helping.