Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Bump and THANK YOU for starting this topic. <3<3<3
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I love the way I feel after I workout on the elliptical! I'm focused now! Keep the stories coming! I love reading these!!! And congrats to those who've lost the weight!!!
  • JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I use to love the elliptical until i came across my new favorite machine, the cross trainer elliptical! Such a good workout. I switch off and I do like to do the regular elliptical for 20 minutes first to warm up but my feet tend to fall asleep like others have stated.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    your diet is going to have far more influence on your weight loss than what exercise you do. diet for weight control; exercise is for fitness. do whatever exercise you like doing and keep your diet in line.
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My Achilles gives me problems if I do exercises that involve pushing with my left leg, so I have been using the elliptical for over 3 years. I only lose weight when I control what I eat. I have lost 40 pounds since 1/1/15 with the elliptical as a mainstay in my workouts. I like to change things up, so sometimes I will go 4 miles, alternating going forward for 1 mile and backwards for 1 mile. Also I will go 2 miles as fast as I can and then get off and do something else. Sometimes I will just get on the machine and go for 45 minutes. If you do not use your hands, your core gets a much better workout. I think you can have success using the elliptical, but you need to eat good.
  • Bearface115
    Options
    Yeah I'm in a better mindset to want to stay with my diet. My hubby is finally on board MFP too! Awesome support now!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I lost probably my 1st 40 lbs using the elliptical almost exclusively. Sheer boredom led me to try other things, but it is an entirely effective way to burn calories!
  • fairy2b
    fairy2b Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have achieved my results primarily through elliptical. Keep at it and you will lose!! yi30pbzlqpr6.jpg
  • Bearface115
    Options
    fairy2b wrote: »
    I have achieved my results primarily through elliptical. Keep at it and you will lose!! yi30pbzlqpr6.jpg

Omg!! You look amazing! Thank you for sharing your picture!!
  • danielles19862015
    danielles19862015 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

woah you look like an entirely different person!! amazing work! :)

as for the elliptical question - i've used it in half marathon training to prevent injuries (tend to get running injuries) and have found it to be a good low impact option. you can ramp up the resistance to really make it difficult!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

MEGA W <3 W...you look completely transformed--totally different. What's utterly amazing to me is how I saw from your profile that you are about 5"6-5"7 and started weighing in at 215lbs, if the first pic is 215lbs, it's so
    telling what 215lbs can look like on a 5"6-5"7 person-it's both alarming and inspirational at the same time to me.
    You look like a woman in her teens or twenties to me--that's so awesome!

If you wouldn't mind, will you please share what your elliptical routine was, what your eating & drinking was like and lastly, how long did it take you to transform from the first pic to the new you? Thank you so much in advance for your reply and for posting--you ROCK!

• fairy2b
    fairy2b Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Aww thanks for your kind words!

I'm about 5'7"-5'8" and the before pic was when I was a little under 200. I'm now 152 and have been refocused on weightloss since January. I wish I had a clearer sense of how much time it took but I dropped to about 176 last year and it wasn't until I joined MFP in Jan that I started to get a better understanding about nutrition and calories.

The last 25 lbs have come off since January with about 50-60 minutes of interval elliptical 5-6 days a week and net calories between 1200-1300 (closer to 1600-1700 with working out). I was losing about 2lbs a week on average (sometimes less) and am now losing more slowly at about .5-1 lb a week.

I now have learned to eat whatever I want as long as I can fit into my daily goals. I also find that eating a little less during the week allows me to enjoy a little more on the weekends! I'm now about 12 lbs away from my goal and it has gotten easier the longer I've been at it.

If you keep at it, you will see results. I have learned patience and persistence Feel free to add me as a friend! ☺️
  • betancourtky
    betancourtky Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just about getting on the elliptical daily now, started off at 10 mins every other day now I'm up to 30 mins 4 to 5 days a week depending on my schedule
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I started out walking and switched to elliptical when the weather got too cold to walk outside. Started at 10 - 15 minutes on the elliptical, now at 60 minutes every day plus walking and some strength training. Was at 1200 calories for several months and am on maintenance now at 1500. Down 50+ pounds since October. Make sure you have good music or can see the TV.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

How much have you lost and did you do any strength training.

You look beautiful by the way. Perfect! At 150 pounds and you look like that....amazing.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I be honest...the elliptical machine bores me. I have used it for so many years and I am burnt out..lol I do go on for about an hour 2 times a week and 4 times a week I run for an hour.
  • Pastela
    Pastela Posts: 29 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I lost around 40+ lbs just mainly using the elliptical and strength training as my form of exercise. I just be sure to keep upping the resistance.
    It's my favorite machine. :)
    vnwq3g07498t.jpg

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    I guess my husband and I were just too old for ours; gave it to our son and granddaughter; whose wife/stepmom fusses when they gets on it. She's a heavy girl and doesn't like to get on it. We replaced it with a treadmill . . . a lot easier for both of us. Hula hooping is another exercise I do as well as get in the pool and walk/march. Just started a medical weight loss program and dropped 7lbs in 2 weeks. I've fallen off the calorie wagon a couple of times, usually on weekends when husband cooks breakfast. But, it is sooooooooooo good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!