eggs

Options

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I usually eat either two eggs or one egg and two servings of egg whites every morning for breakfast.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    bout to eat eggs for dinner

yolo
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    I usually eat either two eggs or one egg and two servings of egg whites every morning for breakfast.

That's what I do too but at night.

I only eat 2 eggs at a time if I miss lunch and pick up a couple hard boiled at a store to eat while on my walk.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    Curious... how many eggs does everyone normally eat?

5-6 with turkey/ham/chicken/onion/tomato/cheese/whatever's laying around is usually a decent sized meal for me but my roommate (a guy roughly the same size as me) gets full after 3 eggs without all the goodies cooked in.

usually 2-3 depending on how I'm eating them.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I used to toss yolks until I got my own chickens. Those little birds work so hard to lay each egg I practically cry if I accidentally drop one. B)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    That's just sad. What is the point of eating the egg without the yolk?!
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. I love yolk. I love whites. And I do think whites have a taste. But yes, buy the regular eggs for everyone else, whites in a carton.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I put the yolk in my mouth along with the rest of the egg. It's delicious and filled with healthy nutrients. A true superfood.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

2, almost always. I usually have omelets or otherwise eat them with other foods, though.
  • FitForL1fe
    Options

5-6 with turkey/ham/chicken/onion/tomato/cheese/whatever's laying around is usually a decent sized meal for me but my roommate (a guy roughly the same size as me) gets full after 3 eggs without all the goodies cooked in.

it was 4-6 for me

now it's 6-8

lookin for that DOZEN yo
  • jediguitarist
    jediguitarist Posts: 73 Member
    Options

2 for breakfast unless I make an omelette, then it's 3. Usually another 2 hard boiled to munch at night. I have enough trouble reaching my daily calories. I'm eating the whole damn egg :smile: lol
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options

I try to get 6-12 eggs a day, sometimes more. Today was a two egg day though because I ran out and didn't have time to head to the store. Lately I've been trying out duck and quail eggs as well :)
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    j75j75 wrote: »

I try to get 6-12 eggs a day, sometimes more. Today was a two egg day though because I ran out and didn't have time to head to the store. Lately I've been trying out duck and quail eggs as well :)

hmm duck and quail, tell me more bro
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    j75j75 wrote: »

I haven't had a chicken egg since I got my ducks.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I just had poached egg for breakfast. It was delicious! Yesterday's was overcooked, but this one was perfect. Well worth the extra work. Or maybe it evens out - opening boiled eggs nicely and removing shards of shell is a hassle.
  • allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have a great bourbon pecan pie recipe that uses 8 egg yolks. This usually has to be paired with a batch of meringue cookies because I hate wasting all the whites. Oh...wait, that probably isn't what anyone wanted to hear.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

Depends on how many calories I have to work with.
    2-4, usually 3 is my sweet spot
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 2 eggs as I type. Yes, I'm talented that way. They are delicious too.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    allbarrett wrote: »
    I have a great bourbon pecan pie recipe that uses 8 egg yolks. This usually has to be paired with a batch of meringue cookies because I hate wasting all the whites. Oh...wait, that probably isn't what anyone wanted to hear.

It certainly got my attention.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I'm a one egg girl

if you choose not to eat the yolk, an animal in your house might enjoy it