Which option is better for me?

Options
My friend is having a pool party in about 10 days, maybe 2 weeks. I don't care if it's just water weight, I just want to look a bit thinner... I'm not expecting a drastic change either. I'm wearing a one piece (I have no bikinis) So I will mostly be fine... but it wouldn't hurt to look a bit better. This is getting a bit long, so I'll get to the point: Which option will help me lose more? High carb and low fat, or low carb and high fat? If you know anything else that is HEALTHY that will help me lose a bit more I would appreciate it.

Replies

• SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    High protein, low carb, low fat and lots of water.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Maybe cut out artificial sweeteners a couple of days before the party, and watch sodium to get rid of all bloat
  • justtjoy
    justtjoy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    How low. Should your fat intake be?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    My friend is having a pool party in about 10 days, maybe 2 weeks. I don't care if it's just water weight, I just want to look a bit thinner... I'm not expecting a drastic change either. I'm wearing a one piece (I have no bikinis) So I will mostly be fine... but it wouldn't hurt to look a bit better. This is getting a bit long, so I'll get to the point: Which option will help me lose more? High carb and low fat, or low carb and high fat? If you know anything else that is HEALTHY that will help me lose a bit more I would appreciate it.

You are 18. You are 3 lbs from your goal weight based on your profile. And I suspect the goal is already low, because I have been a teenager too a long time ago ;)
    Forget losing weight, forget extreme diets to get whatever results you think you should get in a few days, go buy a bikini and have fun. Half the game, it is confidence. Look at yourself in the mirror and keep repeating "I look great".
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Low carb is your best bet for quick water weight loss. Fill in the gaps with protein and fat.

Don't increase exercise during this time or your body could store water for repair. Just eat normally except for less carbs and drink a lot of water.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Low carb is your best bet for quick water weight loss. Fill in the gaps with protein and fat.

Don't increase exercise during this time or your body could store water for repair. Just eat normally except for less carbs and drink a lot of water.

I would more likely do a tab bit less exercise during this time if trying to get rid of water weight.
  • sunnydays851
    sunnydays851 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »

You are 18. You are 3 lbs from your goal weight based on your profile. And I suspect the goal is already low, because I have been a teenager too a long time ago ;)
    Forget losing weight, forget extreme diets to get whatever results you think you should get in a few days, go buy a bikini and have fun. Half the game, it is confidence. Look at yourself in the mirror and keep repeating "I look great".

Actually I'm about twelve pounds from my goal weight... I just change it whenever I complete my little 'on the way there' goals.
    But I get your point.