30th high school reunion in sixty days

Options
I have 22 pounds to lose in order to achieve my goal weight. I have 59 days to go before my 30th high school reunion. Can it be done? Is it safe to do? I'm on a roll now by walking my dogs everyday and losing a pound or a half pound a day. I am drinking a lot of water and green tea. I've substituted Kashi granola bars for breakfast and have cut back on portion sizes of meals. So far so good! Would welcome any advice people can give me. Thanks!

Replies

• ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    Its possible but its not healthy. Since you dont have that much weight to lose, you'd be losing it too fast hun. Then as soon as you stop extreme dieting, the weight will come right back..
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, it would not be safe to lose that fast. That would mean a pound every 3 days, which would be feasible if you had a lot more weight to lose, but I don't think it's reasonable or safe to expect to lose that fast at your current stage. BUT, you are making awesome progress, and I think you'll be looking great for your reunion! Keep up the good work!
  • codexavellum
    codexavellum Posts: 112
    Options
    I would say no, that is a lot of weight in a relatively short period of time.
  • Abelrose
    Abelrose Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great feed back. I guess I will take it one day at a time or one daily entry at MyFinessPal at a time. Seeing everyone's awesome progress IS inspiring!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    my suggestion to you is to start Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. you can look up lots of posts on this workout and read the amazing results that everyone has had losing lots of inches in the 30 days! It only takes 20 minutes a day. but if you stick with it I think you might get the desired results in cooperation with your healthy eating.

4433730.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gettinfitover50
    Options
    I bet that you will find that even losing ten or fifteen pounds before your reunion will make a huge difference in how you feel about yourself. Good luck !!

Sue
  • kashe8
    kashe8 Posts: 23
    Options
    I know how you feel i have my 20th class reunion this year and that is also a motivator for me! You can do it! It sounds like you are losing quickly for someone who does not have that much to lose....make sure to eat your calories especially if you are walking. Congrats on your weight loss! Keep it up. Stay healthy!
  • Abelrose
    Abelrose Posts: 17
    Options
    Well June was a major bummer for me with weight loss. I ate everything in sight and gained back the ten pounds I had lost in May. Now I am (again) 33 pounds over my normal weight. It was due to stress. I moved my elderly parents out of one home into another and haven't had any luck getting back to my engineering job. Hard to feel proud about yourself when so much seems amiss.

Thanks again for your support!