Tips on healthy cheap snacks to fill you up between meals??

Options
I have rice cakes i eat between meals but it leaves me hungry maybe even hungrier. I eat 3 meals a day. And in between i need a snack. Anyone have any snack ideas that can keep me full but low on calories?

Replies

• pumpkinpocalypse
    pumpkinpocalypse Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I used to do the same, until i realized that 3 square meals a day was definitely waaay too harsh on me. I was always hungry and in a bad mood haha. At least 1 snack between lunchtime and dinner (3-4 pm or depending on the time you eat at), 2 is even better (mid morning) if it fits in your daily calorie allowance.
    I eat 1/2 cup of greek yogurt with some maple syrup or berries/pear or something sweet almost all the time, it's very satiating, filled with protein and delicious. An apple, orange or any other fruit the size of your fist makes a tasty on the go snack as well, maybe with some peanut butter, cottage cheese or cream cheese smeared on your sliced fruit too. Crudites with cream cheese taste great as well...Be creative, there are plenty of stuff you can come up with by searching around in your pantry/fridge!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Something with protein will be your best bet if you want it to be filling. Beef jerky? Protein bars? Shake? Hardboiled eggs? Greek yogurt? Small salad? Really just depends what you like...
  • Viceversax3
    Viceversax3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've noticed im a little more cranky lol I just started the whole watching your calories thing. Youre right though i have to be a little creative. Some fruits would go great with some all natural peanut butter. Ive never tried greek yogurt so im gonna have to give it a try, maybe get some blueberries for as well. Thanks you for the tips!
  • Viceversax3
    Viceversax3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ive been thinking about getting protien bars. Theres so many of them to choose from lol
  • terrenceobrien1
    terrenceobrien1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you could find ways to up your fiber intake. Fiber usually quells the hunger pangs. Try an apple and a handful of almonds or walnuts-- maybe an apple with almond butter.