What are you eating?

Options
Hi,

I'm trying to gain 3 stones by the end of summer. I was just wondering what sort of meals of foods do people eat regularly to gain weight.

Replies

• Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Chicken Fajita..... from an MRE
  • CarolCaye
    CarolCaye Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm currently eating more bread, dairy, rice, pasta, beef, chicken and fish
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Anything that hits your calorie goals and you can actually manage and allows you to hit the important stuff macro-wise.

I'm probably getting an average of 3,000 cals/day when taken over a week (2600-3600/day). Check out my diary if you want.

I tend to eat it all in 2 big meals, but it could be broken up however you like. I have a mix of stuff from meat and potatoes to Fajitas to yoghurt and cereal, chilli and rice, curries, etc. There's no really "bad" food. Only food that helps you hit your overall calorie and macro goals and food the skews you away from them.
  • jimmmer
    Options
    Also, 3 stone is 42 lbs.

If you care about body composition, you'll probably want to add 0.5-1lb of mass per week. Now I'm no fancy big city mathematician, but it seems to me that it would take you somewhere in the region of 42-84 weeks to add that kind of mass and end up looking good with it.

Is there a reason, that I can't find in your OP, why you would want to add the specific amount of mass in that specific time frame?
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    CarolCaye wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm trying to gain 3 stones by the end of summer. I was just wondering what sort of meals of foods do people eat regularly to gain weight.

Add peanut butter to everything ... done!!!

My bulk consisted of allot of peanut butter, ice cream (mostly peanut butter frozen yogurt) and sushi!!! Lots and lots of all you can eat sushi visits!!! I think I went 4 days in a row 1 week ;).

In short, choose calorie dense foods.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    I just ate some Jello pudding

it was badass
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Lots of nut butters
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    ice cream* is a easy way to get in alot of cals for so little
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I just ate pie.... eat pie..
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,872 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I obviously mis-clicked and ended up in the wrong forum, sorry; but, I did stumble on this post... and trust me, I have multiple years of experience eating at a caloric surplus!

3 stone, by the way, is like 42lbs. AFAIK the end of summer is September 23. So that's an aggressive goal at more than 2lbs a week. I am sure you'll manage to make substantial headway towards accomplishing it by then! :smile:

So, let's discuss some of the things I no longer do :wink:

A 2L bottles of pop a day (because they'll go flat the next day)
    Pizza (always eaten with some salad with lots of dressing, preferably with some ranch or blue cheese dipping sauce)
    French baguette (or other breads, or even toast) with cold cuts and lots of cheese; or just cheese, or some jam or honey and some cheese, or peanut butter and some jam or honey, or some nice yogurt or hummus (sounds low-cal, right?) drenched in lots of olive oil : - )
    And don't forget grilled cheese sandwiches as a corollary of the above!
    Nachos. Nachos are always good: with cheese, sour cream, especially guacamole, and pop, don't forget the pop (or beer)
    Salads, with avocado, and olives, and cheese, some meat (like franks, or bavarian sausages, or kielbasa, or heck, chicken), an egg or two, and most importantly, a lot of salad dressing.
    Rice or bread (like naan) with every meal, preferably with something saucy to dip it in :smile: Suggestions: nice curries (either meat based or paneer based)
    Oh: french fries, or nicely prepared mashed potatoes (with sour cream and butter), with other meals, especially with steaks or burgers. And lots of mayo on the burgers. Or "crispy" chicken burgers. Those are always good!
    Fish and chips :smile:
    And peanut butter and other nut butters. Taste delicious, they actually have good fats in them, and they are quite high calorically!
    And ice cream! Or even better: cheesecake!

So, hopefully SOMETHING you can use jumps out at ya!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i just had a cinnamon raisin bagel, scrambled eggs with cheese, and bacon …it was awesome!
  • jimmmer
    Options
    Not sure OP's coming back....
  • cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    pint of ice cream a night and you're set.
  • TheMetalMan0
    TheMetalMan0 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Pizza and ice cream. Not together.
  • breezybree511
    breezybree511 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Hi,

I obviously mis-clicked and ended up in the wrong forum, sorry; but, I did stumble on this post... and trust me, I have multiple years of experience eating at a caloric surplus!

3 stone, by the way, is like 42lbs. AFAIK the end of summer is September 23. So that's an aggressive goal at more than 2lbs a week. I am sure you'll manage to make substantial headway towards accomplishing it by then! :smile:

So, let's discuss some of the things I no longer do :wink:

A 2L bottles of pop a day (because they'll go flat the next day)
    Pizza (always eaten with some salad with lots of dressing, preferably with some ranch or blue cheese dipping sauce)
    French baguette (or other breads, or even toast) with cold cuts and lots of cheese; or just cheese, or some jam or honey and some cheese, or peanut butter and some jam or honey, or some nice yogurt or hummus (sounds low-cal, right?) drenched in lots of olive oil : - )
    And don't forget grilled cheese sandwiches as a corollary of the above!
    Nachos. Nachos are always good: with cheese, sour cream, especially guacamole, and pop, don't forget the pop (or beer)
    Salads, with avocado, and olives, and cheese, some meat (like franks, or bavarian sausages, or kielbasa, or heck, chicken), an egg or two, and most importantly, a lot of salad dressing.
    Rice or bread (like naan) with every meal, preferably with something saucy to dip it in :smile: Suggestions: nice curries (either meat based or paneer based)
    Oh: french fries, or nicely prepared mashed potatoes (with sour cream and butter), with other meals, especially with steaks or burgers. And lots of mayo on the burgers. Or "crispy" chicken burgers. Those are always good!
    Fish and chips :smile:
    And peanut butter and other nut butters. Taste delicious, they actually have good fats in them, and they are quite high calorically!
    And ice cream! Or even better: cheesecake!

So, hopefully SOMETHING you can use jumps out at ya!

You listed tons of great foods for weight gain, but I would probably advise against drinking a two liter of soda every day...
  • TheMetalMan0
    TheMetalMan0 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Pizza and ice cream. Not together.

I'm not sure how that would taste, but I'm willing to try it.

4333221885_2a20c4bbef_o.jpg

Hnnnng