100 plus pounds to release

Options
I was just diagnosed with diabetes, a vitamin D deficiency, and borderline high cholesterol. Additionally, my good cholesterol is too low. I was devastated to get this news but not surprised. I am 45 and have 200 pounds to lose. I am not presently on medication, and want to avoid it as long as possible. There is much to learn about ratios of carbs - fat - protien, the benefits of higher fiber carbs, avoiding sugar (especially hidden sugars) and how to live a healthier life. If you have insights to share I am open to new information. Arthritis is another result of my obesity, and I have had to utilize a wheelchair for the last two years. My goal is to lose weight, control my diabetes without meds, and regain my mobility. I am seeking support and help from others who are facing any of these issues--especially others that need to lose 100 or more pounds. Thanks, and best wishes to all in your efforts to be healthy and happy!

Replies

• mdt07
    mdt07 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I will send you a friend request. You are on an awesome journey and I think together you can achieve your goals.
  • vofwillendorf
    vofwillendorf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Let's support each other! Thanks for your positive energy
  • sandyskw1967
    sandyskw1967 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You can add me too if you would like, F48, lost 63 so far another 40-50 to go. I have low B, on vitamin D, perimenopausal, so I am on bioidentical progesterone, so at the start I did have 100 to lose.
  • vofwillendorf
    Options
    Wow, 63 lbs gone is awesome! I also have low B...I forgot. Would love to be friends. Have great day.
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I love the term "Release". For many weight symbolizes not just a physical but emotional burden. The "stuff" we carry with us, the feelings we have eaten, the sad days on the couch. Powering though is not always the best mentality - "shredding" "losing" "destroying" are power words for sure and may help many regain power. But I LOVE the image of "releasing" the weight, the burden in totality and coming out of it lighter in body and spirit
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I also love the term Release!
    I started my journey due to bad Cholestoral. It changed many things for me. Although I've never had as much to lose, I'd still love to support your journey.
    you have great goals and Reasons ... the "Why" to do this. you can!
  • kscarf1
    kscarf1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I also got my start to better health through bad cholesterol test results. I was tired of feeling lousy all the time too. My initial goal is to lose 100 pounds; I may go for another 15 or 20 after that, but losing 100 pounds will put my BMI in the normal range. You seem to have a great attitude and I wish you nothing but success!
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    i will send a friend request... i have 150 pounds to lose and i also have arthritis and sleep apnea due to obesity... good luck
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 as well. I sent you a friend request. :)
  • tomofnj
    tomofnj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good news is, losing weight definitely helps the numbers :) I've dropped 110 so far, 50ish to go.

Blood Pressure was 150 over 90 to100 and is now 120 over 70 to 80... my cholo #'s were Tri -200 LDL-276 HDL-13 and now I just got my latest results back yesterday and they are Tri-98 LDL-112 and HDL-35. It was interesting for the first time in 10 years of checking, that the Dr. said my results were 'normal'. What a feeling :)
    I'm 50 and let me tell you , it's good to be alive :)

God Bless you in your Journey and help you to stay strong and focused on your health :)
  • vofwillendorf
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your story and success. It is good to hear that improvement is possible, especially when getting to the goal is so overwhelming when you are having a bad day. Your words and support are so appreciated! :)
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I lost 135 pounds 3 years ago. Gained back 30 :( I am here to lose the 30 I gained back plus 70 more to get me to goal.