I want to stop eating my feelings!!!

Options
I had such a good start of my day today. Then I got some bad news and boom, ordered up and ate half of dominos. I really want to break this habit. Anyone out there conquered this?

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    How many calories are in feelings anyway?

I keed... I keed...

The best way that I've found to correct a bad habit is by replacing it with a good one. Instead of eating your feelings, do something constructive when you feel down. I don't know what you like, or what you're into, but if you can take your mind off of eating long enough, the feeling will generally go away.
  • amaliacc
    amaliacc Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You know what's sad, I'm a counseling intern and I know that. I think I just want to vent about it. I'm just having an all day pity party. But thanks
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I chew gum and drink tea instead. I vape, too.... your mileage may vary on that last.
  • amaliacc
    Options
    No I have one that you totally just reminded me of. I'm going to do it again, thanks
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Next time, can you call up someone close to you that you can vent to before ordering pizza? You might feel better and have the strength to break your habit and stay on track.
  • irishdancer214
    irishdancer214 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's me too often...whether it's relationship problems or something at home, I unintentionally shoot for the junk. I'm happy to talk, feel free to message me if it helps!
  • amaliacc
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Just this post helps