Bringing Lunch: 100% Satisfaction

Options
agreenid
agreenid Posts: 218 Member
Lunch today:

6vgl891nuxkr.jpg

310 calories of pure satisfaction. Finally finding my groove in terms of making delicious food that I can't wait to eat. And watching as other people are envious of my lunch. It's been difficult--I love veggies and "healthy" foods but I've always had issues with portions and condiments (and sides...snacks). Learning how to do this this right way so I can live like this for the rest of my life is turning out to be delicious.

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    that looks delicious!!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy! I do salad/lean protein for lunch every day! Switching from salad dressing to salsa/pico de gallo made a huge difference. (I hate low-cal dressings because they are cloyingly sweet)
  • agreenid
    Options
    I've been doing like a tbsp of balsamic dressing. I toss it with my lettuce mix in a bag before I put it on the plate so I end up using less--and everything else is usually chock full of flavor (chicken or shrimp being my favorite toppers) so it's worked out really well so far. Have to try salsa dressing though, that sounds tasty.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Isn't lunch envy awesome?
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Looks great. Possibly stupid question.....how do you keep the avocado from browning?
  • agreenid
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Looks great. Possibly stupid question.....how do you keep the avocado from browning?

Not a stupid question at all. I actually bring the avacado whole and cut it when I'm ready to eat. Then I leave the pit in one side and wrap it in plastic wrap making sure the wrap is tight around the pit and touching the flesh before putting it in the fridge. That actually was the half from yesterday-stays pretty green for a day or two!
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious! I love bringing my lunch to work! We have a great cafeteria that tries to make healthy food, but even on days when I treat myself and try to get the healthiest option, it's still runs about 700 calories!! Now when I heat my food up or people see what I have, I love hearing them say "You're so healthy!" and "I want some of what you have! That looks so good!" Nothing like causing a little food envy to make me know I'm on the right path :)
  • terrenceobrien1
    terrenceobrien1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Healthy home made meals for the work week are possible with effort. Key word effort. Looks delicious!

...some of my co-workers run for fast food 3-4 days of every week! I'm a very odd blue collar worker with my vegetable stew, beans, and greens, let me tell you. :)
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    agreenid wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »

Not a stupid question at all. I actually bring the avacado whole and cut it when I'm ready to eat. Then I leave the pit in one side and wrap it in plastic wrap making sure the wrap is tight around the pit and touching the flesh before putting it in the fridge. That actually was the half from yesterday-stays pretty green for a day or two!

Thanks. This is what I do at home. Have not tried taking avocado to work yet, but definitely will.

• goblue8426
    goblue8426 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Looks great! I had a 300-some calorie lunch too - quinoa, yellow tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and feta!