Workout DVD recommendations?

Options
*waves* - Hi all!

Im looking for some exercise DVDs to help me get back into shape at home (im a SAHM with no childcare).

My goals are to lose 20lbs more fat and to build muscle in all the right places! I dont want to just lose fat and get skinny, i want muscle definition!.. . rock hard quads and a big shapely muscly booty! :) (A girl's got to have goals, right?!)

Im not thinking of regular aerobics/step/dance type sessions or just cardio - i dont know, something a bit more hardcore and that focuses on building up muscle too? (but not toooooo hard for someone who's slightly out of shape).

Which DVDs should i be looking at?

Im a woman btw, if that makes any difference. :)

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Based on your wants/goals - I would look into Insanity with Shawn T. The program is hard, you have to have lots of determination and focus to get through that program.

It is high cardio, but as long as you fuel yourself and dont skip out on the millions of push-ups you will have muscle poking through.

I also have heard of P90X being a bit more focused on muscle definition, though I am not familiar with that program.

Not a beach body coach.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If you have up to an hour, then maybe X-TrainFit at Home or X-TFMAX.

I've done X-TrainFit at Home and the longest workout is the Circuit Burnout at about 80 mins. The other dvd's in the program are about an hour in length. I did the program before I had a gym membership and I still stick in the cardio/circuit burnout dvd from time to time when I can't make it to the gym. My results:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10034398/i-finally-finished-x-trainfit-home-d

X-TFMAX is the newest release from the same group. The workouts are shorter with the longest being 46 mins.
  • dinoz2724
    dinoz2724 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I' m in love with P90X3. It is very hard but if u push through u will see results. I have done tons of videos and this is the first that has given me the results I needed to keep going.... good luck.
  • MrsDunbar2010
    MrsDunbar2010 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Insanity, Insanity Max 30 or P90x3 would all get you where you want to be if you put in the work - I love those programs :-)
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Or if you're into free, look on YouTube; there are lots of workouts for various levels.