Calorie Deficit

Options
What is your daily calorie deficit and how much do you generally lose per week with that deficit? I have a Fitbit and am able to see exactly how many cals I am burning throughout the day. I also log all my food so I can see my calorie intake too. Sometimes my cal deficit is over 1500. I figured that would be ok since I sometimes go over on my cals on the weekends. This week my weight stayed the same and that ****s with my brain. I hate that. So, I need some help.

Replies

• codexavellum
    codexavellum Posts: 112
    Options
    It's never good to have a deficit that big
  • FierceFox81
    FierceFox81 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'd maybe try adjusting what I eat, and my workouts. My target calorie intake is 1200. And I workout 5-6 days a week for 1 hour minimum. Which typically is around 800 calories. Then whatever else I burn at work and home I don't even count on here. I just go off calories from actually "working out."

Don't let the scale tick-ya-off. There have been multiple times I've had to restrain myself from chucking mine out the window, at the mirror, at the wall, or stomping on it. LOL Measurements are much more rewarding :)

Good luck!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I have a KiFit (UK BodyMedia Fit), and usually deficit is 1500+.

I follow the calorie allowance set by MFP and eat my calories back - with that I consisitently lose at least 1.5 pounds a week.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    It's never good to have a deficit that big

The deficit the OP is probably talking about is subtracting calories consumed from TDEE (total daily energy exenditure / calories burned) over a 24 hour period.

I believe TDEE includes your BMR....

My TDEE yesterday was approx 3500, but my calorie intake was 1813 - so I had a deficit of 1687
  • moonlightxtina
    Options
    OK think about it this way: 3500 Kcals per week is 1 lbs of fat. To loose a kg is about double. So if your daily deficit is 1500kcals you'd be loosing about 0.4 of a pound (0.2 of a kg). That however, might not show straight away due to water fluctuation in your body. Your body might retain water due to excessive salt consumption, soda pops, caffeine etc.
    It might also happen if your body is going to starvation mode and converting everything you eat to fat (if you eat too little) or if you are becoming more muscular fat might have been replaced with muscle. In which case, you ought to measure your waist and hips to see the difference.
    When it comes to me, I try to have a weekly defecit of about 3500 kcals but this is not always successful and I can see it when I weigh myself.