just getting started and don't know what diet to try. Thnking Paleo/Primal

Options
kathy97267
kathy97267 Posts: 1 Member
I have just started MFP today and have been reading some of the posts. I am thinking that I would like to start the Paleo/Primal diet but I really don't know anything about them. Is there anyone who could help me find out where to start.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to name what you're doing? Just eat food you like in a caloric deficit
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Why do you need a diet? Why not just count your calories and eat what you like as long as it fits into your goals?
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Don't start any named diet at all. Just log everything you eat and keep it under your calorie budget.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Three people have already said it so well.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Just eat fewer calories than you burn ... if you have to name it, call it CICO. :)
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Diets don't work, this is a lifestyle change, if you are not eating enough healthy food, add more, just count your calories and stay under that, and you should do fine. It's about portion control and increase activity. Feel free to add me if you would like. I am always posting recipes and substitutes for high carb and calorie foods. All the best on this new journey of yours
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Do you have any medical conditions that would point you to a lower carb or lower protein diet?

What do you binge on?

Do you have a sweet tooth?

Just asking a few questions to help you figure out what may work best.

You can google most of the questions.

Muscle Fitness website has a body type test you can take that I found helpful.

I do better with a moderate carb diet, not really low carb.

Good luck with your lifestyle change.

It is true you need to eat less than you burn off. Your body type may lean you toward one particular nutrition strategy per another.

I found out myself the hard way, exercise is great, but you have to burn off more than you take on to lose weight!