Anyone counting macros??

Options
500123 Posts: 6 Member
I am a 21 yr old trying to get healthy. I eat pretty poorly jack n box burgers are pretty cheap but I always had a curvy figure mostly gaining in my thighs which is a good thing now a days. I get criticized alot when I try to constiently work out because people take a look at my body which is on a smaller side and consistently question why I go to the gym and comment how I don't have to because "my body looks good" but overall I know I'm not a healthy person I rarely eat fruits and vegetables and I refuse to have 10 years go by and I lose this perceived good figure and still shy away from veggies. So I am back on myfitnesspal counting macros and weight training and cardio to truly transform myself into a healthy person. I would love to revive some support from anyone especially individuals in their 20s who understand the struggle of college life,work,friends etc and trying to maintain healthiness in a sea of alcohol campuses and cheap fast food.

Replies

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    yup anyone into fitness is probably counting macros.

you can fit booze and fast food in if you budget smartly. it can help to plan ahead and leave extra calories for later in the day. some track a weekly calorie average which gives them more flexibility for the weekends, etc.
  • lorena_lucero
    lorena_lucero Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Girl!!!!!! Who cares what people say?!!!!! Imagine how better and hotter you'll look if you change your eating habits. Being healthy is only going to enhance your looks in the outside and will make you feel bomb in the inside. It is hard to maintain a healthy life style when you are in college but you have to keep in mind your priorities.
  • rachsoderberg
    rachsoderberg Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am a full time student and count my macros and stay as close as I can to them (but I don't fret if I am too busy and end up too high in carbs/too low in protein or what have you for a day or two). Sometimes there's just too much to do and we have to cut corners, as long as it doesn't happen often it's whatever.

On days where I know I will be away from home for an extended amount of time - Wednesday I have two 3 hour classes - I cook a double size healthy dinner the night before and split it in half, packing half into tupperware to bring with me. I also make sure I always have protein bars and sometimes a banana on hand for a snack because I'm eating every couple hours. My go-to if I REALLY don't have time to prep something: a lettuce wrap sandwich from a sub place like Jimmy John's or Subway. I am also known to get the Jamba Juice Peanut Butter Chocolate Love smoothie for lunch if I only have a few minutes between the gym and class.

You are totally welcome to add me, my food diary is public and you can use it for ideas if you want. I eat a lot of chicken and rice, bacon eggs and potatoes, and peanut butter. :)
    Options
    Thanks for the advice
    draznyth wrote: »
    yup anyone into fitness is probably counting macros.

you can fit booze and fast food in if you budget smartly. it can help to plan ahead and leave extra calories for later in the day. some track a weekly calorie average which gives them more flexibility for the weekends, etc.

Options
    Thanks for the encouragement

Girl!!!!!! Who cares what people say?!!!!! Imagine how better and hotter you'll look if you change your eating habits. Being healthy is only going to enhance your looks in the outside and will make you feel bomb in the inside. It is hard to maintain a healthy life style when you are in college but you have to keep in mind your priorities.

Options
    I would love to see more recipes! And I sent you a friend request thanks for the tips

quote="rachsoderberg;32731292"]I am a full time student and count my macros and stay as close as I can to them (but I don't fret if I am too busy and end up too high in carbs/too low in protein or what have you for a day or two). Sometimes there's just too much to do and we have to cut corners, as long as it doesn't happen often it's whatever.

On days where I know I will be away from home for an extended amount of time - Wednesday I have two 3 hour classes - I cook a double size healthy dinner the night before and split it in half, packing half into tupperware to bring with me. I also make sure I always have protein bars and sometimes a banana on hand for a snack because I'm eating every couple hours. My go-to if I REALLY don't have time to prep something: a lettuce wrap sandwich from a sub place like Jimmy John's or Subway. I am also known to get the Jamba Juice Peanut Butter Chocolate Love smoothie for lunch if I only have a few minutes between the gym and class.

You are totally welcome to add me, my food diary is public and you can use it for ideas if you want. I eat a lot of chicken and rice, bacon eggs and potatoes, and peanut butter. :)[/quote]