Slim but pouch of fat lower abs

Options
I'm a 21 year old woman.

I'm slim, and my waist (above the navel) is very narrow, 22.5 inches (22.25 if I hold the tape measure I little tighter) but I seem to have a little pooch of fat on the bottom of my stomach, a bit like in this cartoon image, but maybe smaller (the 'pooch'): https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm ... B650%3B300

My measurements are 30.B, 22 (or 22.5, depending on day), 35.5, and I'm 5ft2, so I don't think I am 'overweight', but I wonder if there is anyway to tone the bottom of my stomach, without losing weight? The only time the bottom of my stomach was completely flat was when I was 4kg underweight a few years ago. My waist then was about 20.25/20.5 inches.

Replies

• DesertGunR
    DesertGunR Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there is no such thing as spot reducing or exercises that will flatten or tighten up a certain area. The only way to lose that pooch is to lower your body fat. To do that you need to eat at a deficit and do some kind of exercise. Based on what you've said look into a strength based exercise program which will help you keep you lean muscle mass as you diet to lose those last 7lbs.. Plus some cardio to improve heart health as well. It will take time and dedication on your part. Make sure to choose the proper activity level for yourself based on what you do daily during normal working hours, log your foods, log your exercise and eat at a deficit.

Since the link isn't working I am not sure what size or type of pooch you are describing. Though the above should help get you started.

Good Luck!
  • DonnaKelley98
    DonnaKelley98 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Many women have a belly pooch. It's like an upside down heart. It's natural and it's just the way your body is. It may get smaller but may always be there. It's just part of the beautiful female body!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Ab exercises or lifting heavy or doing possibly a body recomp.