Gymophobics "gym'

jojohove
jojohove Posts: 9
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi I'm new and looking for ways to tone up and loose weight. I nipped into a gymophobics women only gym yesterday and wondered if it works. Have any of you been? Does it help and do you get bored easily after a few weeks? It just seems bit repetitive. I can't see how it improves cardio but I'll go swimming. Thanks in advance:smile:

Replies

• instructor03
    instructor03 Posts: 56 Member
    Never been to an all women's gym. I am a group ex groupie, not a machine person. I teach Step and LesMills BodyPump at my YMCA. I see the same peeps every week. I don't give them the chance to get bored. I change my music every week and my routines every month. Actually doing a new choreography tomorrow.
    On the flip side, I have met people who would never step foot in a class. I hear things like, no coordination, intimidating......

Find what works for YOU!! If you are new to the gym, insist on a "trial membership". Most gyms will give you a week or 2 to try them out. If you don't like it, go somewhere else until you find what you like. Welcome to the GYM!!
  • jojohove
    Thanks Instructor03. It's not really a gym in the traditional sense, it's air machines for weights I suppose. so you do 3 minutes on each and do a 30 minute circuit. Only cardio is 3 mins on bike to warm up. I suppose it's resistance training.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Sounds like "Curves" in the UK...
    My idea of hell....
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    my mum goes and i dont see the point. Its for people who want to say they go to the gym, but not do a proper workout.
  • jojohove
    I think suzycreamcheese (nice name!) that's what I'm thinking. Has your mum seen any results yet?
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    I used to go to Curves, for about a year. To be completely honest, if you have no patience or a short attention span, (aka ME), you will get bored of the repetition. But other than that, if you have no issues with that, it's a very nice place to workout at. Obviously, all women of ALL ages (I was maybe 17-18 when I joined with my mom), they're all very very nice, and they play awesome motivating upbeat music! I kinda miss it, but I have to switch up my workouts to avoid getting bored and relapsing into laziness.
This discussion has been closed.