Before and after pics

Options
martin_leeann
martin_leeann Posts: 46 Member
I've seen some people post before and after pics on certain post here (success stories). I'm considering doing that as well, because I feel it'll help me be accountable in a way. Any thoughts on this? Thanks ya'll!

Replies

• martin_leeann
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Actually...I only have a before right now ☺️
  • MissShannonFit
    MissShannonFit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Before and after photos are a great way of tracking progress because it allows you to really see the difference. Not only will it help keep you motivated (by seeing how far you've come), but it will absolutely help you stay accountable for yourself and keep you on track. If you do choose to do this I would suggest the photos be taken in the same lighting and at the same angle.
  • martin_leeann
    Options
    Thank you @MissShannonFit
  • AlisonKTrader
    AlisonKTrader Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love my progress photos. It really helps to see your progress and it makes you feel so proud looking back at how far you have come. I just posted my first "Success Story" with my pics. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10161841/14-pounds-down-feeling-so-good-pics#latest

It's great hearing all the feedback and support from the community as well.
  • ChrisThornes
    ChrisThornes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    today marks 3 months and im down 26 lbs no work out just better food choices and plenty of water i work in hospitality so im on my feet all day 7 days a week at 2 jobs so i get my calorie burn from there mostly. what i find to help me keep going is to not just think about the weight i have lost but to find something that weighs the amount i have lost and lift it as a actual visual. 10 more lbs and i will have lost a 5 gallon jug of those water bottles for the dispensers. thats insane. 7z223oqubdrc.jpg
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    These are great especially when you feel as though the scale isn't moving or when you can't really notice a change in yourself. Most of the time your mind just needs to catch up and the pictures definitely help that!
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    find something that weighs the amount i have lost and lift it as a actual visual.

Genius!