Training for my first marathon

Options
lnel1713
lnel1713 Posts: 4 Member
I've been committed to running for a year and recently signed up for my first marathon! I've completed a couple half marathons but decided this is the year to go all the way. In order to do this right I need to get better at tracking my calorie intake and make sure I'm getting all the nutrients I need to fuel my body. Anyone in the same boat?? I have a lot of medical related food restrictions which will make this an interesting journey, but I'm excited!

Replies

• SprintingYogini
    SprintingYogini Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my fourth marathon. My first was in 2012 and I signed up for 3 this year. I've done a bunch of half marathons and they now feel easy. My hope is that by doing a lot of full marathons, they will also start to feel easy. So far so good. My last was a couple of weeks ago and I didn't hate it. Plus I took an hour off my time. I'm hoping to qualify for Boston in the next one in October: Newport, RI. Just need to be a few minutes faster. I hired a coach to write my plan and am working on figuring out the fuel part. I'm vegetarian.
  • lnel1713
    lnel1713 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats on your success so far! I have a very strange allergy which doesn't allow me to eat fresh fruits and veggies...if they are cooked I'm good because the protein I'm allergic to denatures...but uncooked is a no go. I also have a nut and soy allergy...ugh! So a plant based diet is not an option for me but I do a lot of steamed/grilled veggies and chicken/fish. I just did a 25K with 2400ft elevation change and survived so I'm hopeful for my marathon training!
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    not a runner but props to y'all