motivation help

Options
bexxw
bexxw Posts: 44 Member
Hey guys just had a bit of a backslide weekend thanks to organizing a charity bake-sale! The fundraiser went great, but the side-affect has been loads of baked goods around the house and 2lbs back on my butt! I'm just so discouraged like every time I make any sort of progress something comes up and I f-it all up again.. Any tricks to get out of a slump and get some motivation back would really be appreciated

Replies

• bjorgen2
    bjorgen2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are not alone!!
    We all slip up every now and then! Get back out there walking or whatever exercise you enjoy! Eat lots of veggies and lots of water for the next couple of days and those 2 lbs will drop fast! :)
  • reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    what works for me is to remember how your feel right now next time you are faced with the same temptation. obviously you can't have a do-over but next time maybe you will make a different choice. do a little extra fitness (cardio if possible) this week and those two pounds will be gone in no time.
  • IllyJames
    IllyJames Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What's been helping me is every once in a while, I will put on my favorite pair of jeans. (Of course they don't fit any more). That gives me my motivation. Just putting on clothes that no longer fit like they use to gets me back on track. I refuse to buy my clothes a size bigger. I hope that works for you.
  • Darkrin
    Darkrin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel like I mess up daily when it comes to my goals but the way I look at it is. I am in this for life not just for right now. Yes those little mistakes can add up but if you keep plugging away at it, its going to make a difference. As long as you put forth the energy to loose the weight or continuously reach for your goals your going to get there.

Remember its for your health and that can be the biggest reward of all, living a few more years to be with your family that is one of my biggest motivators I want to be around as long as I can.

my .02
    Derrick