Now What?

Options
Hi Everyone:

I was on here about a year ago, introducing myself, lamenting over my weight gain in the last (now) 6 years. Well, here I am again. Even bigger than before! I'm at 193lbs now (just weighed myself). I was around 183/4ish last year this time.

The good news for me is that I've started walking. Yes, I walked sporadically last year, a few times, but this time, it feels like I'll be doing it more consistently. So far, I've walked 60 mins (about 3+ miles) at a regular walking pace for 6 days straight. I feel like it's something that I can do. My plan is to continue walking for another 2 weeks before I get serious about changes to my diet. In the interim, I've given up pop (that means Coke, my vice of choice). I'm also going to drink more water to keep me feeling fuller.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, if you have any. :smile:

And, thanks for reading! It's nice to be back here. I really feel like this is it!

Replies

• meganeileenmc
    meganeileenmc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm about 20lb heavier than I was last year. However it has been easier for me to become active again. Walking is great exercise. I love spinning myself and just took it up again recently. Giving up soda is a great idea. Just coming in here for support and ideas should help you get back on track :)
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing...joined in September, logged for a day or 2, then didn't log in again until January and I was 10 pounds heavier! Now I've been losing but my loss shows from my September starting weight as opposed to January. does that make sense? I think I confused myself a bit that time!

My stats say I've lost 21 lbs but I've actually lost 28 since January. (yes, I know that's not quite 10 pounds, but 8 in 3 months is still a lot!)
  • greengrassgala
    greengrassgala Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan! Thanks for the feedback! How did walking help you in reaching your weight loss goals? I'd love to join a gym and do more, but that's something I'll do once I've established a bit of a routine. I'll have to check out spinning as I've heard others mention it, too.
  • Jayblonde96
    Jayblonde96 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have tried walking a mile a day when I get a chance and increasing it over time. I have cut down on soda a lot but not been able to give up completely. I been on and off this app for awhile. I am about the same as the rest of yal 10-20 pounds than a year ago! I am in and out of the gym a lot but I can walk for hours compared to being at a gym.
  • greengrassgala
    Options
    Jenna, I really enjoy walking. I'm hoping it's my path to weight loss! If not, at least be my stepping stone to it? Soda/pop is something I have to go cold turkey on (I have the type of personality that's all or nothing). I hope you are able to eventually cut it out altogether. You look great in your profile pic, btw!
  • greengrassgala
    Options
    Suruda, congrats on the weight loss. Good for you for losing weight! It's awesome to know that we can all get back on the proverbial wagon, even after gaining some!
  • Jayblonde96
    Options
    Yeah everyone tells me I don't need to lose weight or nothing! According to my primary care doctor I weight 186.6 at the appointment I had approximately 3 weeks ago. I am trying to get the rest of my family on it as well.
  • Jayblonde96
    Options
    I have paid for countless months at a gym near my house and it hasn't really helped me. At least with walking I have to continue if I want to go back home. That's how I always look at it!!
  • meganeileenmc
    meganeileenmc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan! Thanks for the feedback! How did walking help you in reaching your weight loss goals? I'd love to join a gym and do more, but that's something I'll do once I've established a bit of a routine. I'll have to check out spinning as I've heard others mention it, too.

I walk in addition to other exercising. Sometimes workout videos in the house. But spinning is my favorite. Walking is enjoyable and keeps you focused on staying active. It can be as difficult as you would like. I have had to get new goals because I unfortunately put weight back. But I am ready to tackle it before it gets out of hand!
  • greengrassgala
    Options
    Jenna, that's great that you want to get your family involved. I don't want to pay for gym membership if I can't commit to it fully.

Megan, how do you like spinning vs. walking? I'm a total novice when it comes to exercise. Walking really is the only form of exercise I know. Could a beginner like me do spinning and see meaningful results (calories burned)?
  • Jayblonde96
    Options
    Yeah I mean you can lose weight without paying! I do have hip hop abs and stuff on the wii. I toned up around my stomach in 4 weeks with the just dance games!!