need some one who understands

Options
srhm78
srhm78 Posts: 3 Member
I am almost 37. I have 3 beautiful daughters and a stepdaughter to be. No wedding plans any time soon. I am doing this for me. I have hit 238lbs. I want to lose about 80lbs. Giving up fast food. Which should be easy since I am changing jobs. Soda will be tough but I will manage. Anyhow I am tired and out of shape. Need some one who will be honest. Need some pointers or something to keep me on track.

Replies

• Sorova
    Sorova Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's very possible. I started at 265 and I'm down to 195 and still going.

Set a reasonable calorie target for your eating and get used to tracking your food accurately. A food scale is cheap, and it's the most accurate way to log foods. Get active in some way you enjoy. Take small steps. Be patient and be resilient. Find ways to motivate yourself and track your progress.

This is a good guide for beginners to read: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • wcope0412
    wcope0412 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was 238 and I am 193 now. Your right. Soda and tea. Was my hardest things to give up. I did in one day but was ill for 3. Good luck to you
  • mycaptain_2010
    mycaptain_2010 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just take one day at a time and start out slow, You've lived this lifestyle for a while so trying to change everything overnight is pretty impossible! Get active, even if it's just walking or light cardio for 10 mins. The more you do it the easier it gets and the longer you can go, cutting out your sugars is going to help a tremendous amount! Try a flavored, carbonated water... No where close to a big, cold soda but ur body will be thanking you
  • mycaptain_2010
    mycaptain_2010 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Btw, there's a great app called SWORKIT... It's an exercise app and it's amazing! It has cardio, yoga, strength and stretching and you can customize your own work out! Also U can sync it with ur fitnesspal to calculate how many calories u burn! Good luck, feel free to add :)
  • Jayblonde96
    Jayblonde96 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use to be over 200 and now I am 186.6 pounds (even though you might tell me in my picture that I don't look like it all). I might try SWORKIT. I use mapmyfitness and sync it to my account on here. I have been walking as my first step to losing more weight. Soda hasn't bene easy for me to cut out either but I have switched over to sparkling ice water it's a little better than soda just like mycaptain_2010 mentioned!!
  • srhm78
    srhm78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good idea about the water. Thank you.