Summer abs

Options
I found a great workout DVD with 15 minutes of abs - but I'm looking for other ideas/workouts... Thoughts? I know diet is huge - just looking to mix up my workout routine.

Thanks!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Heavy squats and deads.... Great for the core... Whatever you do to develop better ab muscles won't make a bit of difference if they're covered in fat though.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Yeah, "abs" are from low bodyfat, and fat loss can't be targeted. Personally i'd spend the 15 minutes doing something that burns more calories than ab exercises. Pick anything strenuous that interests you. Include strength training too and you're set. :+1:
  • seanbrownecardiff
    seanbrownecardiff Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree with two previous posts, most people already have abs (under the fat). They just need revealing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    You can have great looking abs without working out. Skinny teenage boys who don't work out flaunt them all the time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • 5KidsStrong
    5KidsStrong Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Yeah, "abs" are from low bodyfat, and fat loss can't be targeted. Personally i'd spend the 15 minutes doing something that burns more calories than ab exercises. Pick anything strenuous that interests you. Include strength training too and you're set. :+1:
    cmills003 wrote: »
    I found a great workout DVD with 15 minutes of abs - but I'm looking for other ideas/workouts... Thoughts? I know diet is huge - just looking to mix up my workout routine.

Thanks!
    I do lots of yoga-inversions & balances. It's physical and a constant core challenge. :-)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    cmills003 wrote: »

Thanks!

If you mean a 6 pack, my suggestion is to start last summer. No one gets visible abs for summer by starting in June.