Help with boring diet please.

Options
Hi there
After I finish cooking for a fussy family I never can be bothered with anything for myself so usually had cereal or crispbreads.
However I'm trying to eat more protein and less carbs so recently my diet looks like this.

Breakfast Porridge & apple

Lunch Chicken breast & mixed veg.

Dinner Omlette

Snacks Berry & Spinach smoothie. Crispbread.

Gona start eating some salmon/tuna but has anyone got any easy ideas for meals please ? Thanks :)

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Why don't you eat what you cook for the family? It is good enough for them. I eat what everyone else eats.
  • VickiLogan11
    VickiLogan11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm watching calories. There not l
  • VickiLogan11
    Options
    Sorry posted before finished. Thanks for the reply.
    Family don't like veg & not keen on fruit. I love fruit & veg.
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm reading this while I am eating what I am about to describe...

I saw you eat chicken and vegetables for lunch. I make a romesco sauce (essentially a roasted red pepper sauce) and mix in chicken and broccoli. It's quite tasty and adds a little punch to boring chicken and steamed vegetables.

I halve this recipe, it makes about 3/4 C of sauce, and I eat about 1/4 cup each time. so that gives me 3 lunches.

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015119-broccoli-salad-with-hazelnut-romesco

All that being said, I don't have a picky family to cook for, so I feel for you. I might just cook them what I'm eating. They can eat it or not eat. Their choice!
  • skinnymeenae
    skinnymeenae Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've been making some wraps recently that I absolutely love and are around 300 calories, if not less. I do a version with chicken strips and a version with lean ground beef.

I use flour tortillas that are 40 g.

For chicken:
    cook chicken with lime juice, salt&pepper, oregano
    put chicken on tortilla and add some tzaziki, spinach and fresh basil

For lean beef:
    Cook beef (I use 85 g) with one diced tomato (can also add garlic) and with some taco/burrito seasoning (I get them in smallish packets from the supermarkets and use about 10 g)
    Layer beef on tortilla, add tzaziki and fresh coriander.

I have been losing weight despite the carbs from the tortillas which I've been eating frequently.

I also have porridge for breakfast. I discovered bircher muesli recently, which is basically oatmeal you make in the fridge the night before.
    My recipe is:
    25 g oatmeal
    1 chopped banana (some people mash it completely)
    100 mL milk

Mix well and leave in fridge overnight. Next day mix again and add a bit more milk. You eat it cold. I love it and prefer it over warm oatmeal, and it's very filling.
  • VickiLogan11
    Options
    Thankyou for the replies. Some great ideas for me to try here :) Love red peppers & the oatmeal sounds delicious too.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm watching calories. There not

You can still eat the same things, just in the right amounts.

Also...prepare things that you want to eat. If they want something different, offer to let them cook!

• Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You could prepare your dinner/lunch on Sunday and have it ready for the week.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    How about minestrone/other veg soup?
  • anrebma
    anrebma Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    check out www.emeals.com and/or www.skinnytaste.com

these are both amazing sites to give you great ideas that you can make for yourself and your family. Keeps it fresh and exciting and shows you how you can turn anything into a healthy meal!
  • pjangel
    pjangel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the hairy dieters books, some really nice low calorie meals in there x
  • VickiLogan11
    Options
    Thankyou. Just having a look now :)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Is the picture on your profile of yourself?
  • cassmitchell77
    cassmitchell77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »

Maybe it would be a good time to educate the family about eating too?? They can try your meals maybe with less veg or make salads with flax seed and try different home made dressings. There are 2 recipes on here for carrot cake pancakes and apple pie pancakes both under 250kcal and they're full of fruit but taste like cake maybe the kids wouldn't even know that they loaded with goodness :) I also added sultanas or dried apricots and oats and they were Fab!!! Good luck :)
  • VickiLogan11
    Options

Yes, why ?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Yes, why ?

Because if this is you and you are also trying to lose weight, you need to get off this site, and talk to a dr. I am not joking or trying to be mean. I would expect a profile photo like yours to be accompanied by a goal to gain several lbs, not lose some more, you look very underweight, well below a healthy range.
  • VickiLogan11
    Options
    Sorry I've not explained myself well.
    I'm watching calories like we all do here :)
    I've been Strengh training since the profile pic and put 8lbs on. My eating habits had slipped a bit as I wasn't logging so I don't know whether the weight gain is good or bad. I'm eating about 1850 calories a day at the minute and maybe hoping to drop a few pounds. But wanting to be healthy and fit above all else. Thanks for your replies