Need food/calorie HELP!!!

Options
jlanab
jlanab Posts: 89 Member
I cant seem to eat all the calories suggested by MFP. By the time I burn 600 (usually in the AM) I'm STRUGGLING really really STRUGGLING to consume 1,800 + calories daily. My caloric intake today is 1,526 (and I havent even done my real workout for the day). Can anyone give me suggestions of foods/meals that may be higher in calories but still HEALTHY?. Should I decrease workouts so I dont burn as many cals? Any suggestions would be great

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Try making your diary public so we can see what youre already eating, otherwise youll just get the generic protein shakes ect
  • pizzygirltx
    pizzygirltx Posts: 96
    Options
    you can always try adding things like extra virgin olive oil to salads or use it to cook with. It adds calories easily and is full of healthy fats.
  • mammado11
    mammado11 Posts: 26
    Options
    Meat has lots of calories, but few carbs. Maybe try eating more chicken, lean ground beef. Plus the protein it has will "fill" you up!
  • jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    just made it public i could really use the help.i just recently adopted a diet of mostly protein fruits and veggies but proper portions sizes of those are so low in cals and theyre very filling. tell me what you think!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    If youve recently switched to this new style of eating, you are definently going to feel more full then usual. You actually have a beautiful diary from the week I flipped through, very healthy eating.

When you enter your excercise cals are you using MFPs estimate, the machine or an HRM? The reason I ask it because an HRM is the only truly accurate way to know how many calories youre burning. I havent personally forked out the money for one yet, but from what Ive seen from my friends that have it, is MFPs estimates are a little high on the calorie burn, so being under by 100-200 calories isnt going to harm you.

Something that I use to help get my proper calorie intake is protein shakes (or smoothies with protein powder in them, which I prefer)

Youre body is going through changes though if you just started both healthy eating and healthy excercise. As long as you arent having cravings you should be fine. Listen to your body, if its hungry then feed it, otherwise a couple hundred calories isnt going to kill you, or your weight loss goals